Tuesday 8/13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

Good news: Rash all gone, puffiness all gone. Pressures and oxygen percent are good.

Bad news: He's coming around more, and he's pissed off like usual. Doesn't listen to anyone but mom, and has stomach problems (ache) and makes them call Mom in.

Still on trach, still in ICU. Just more time.

Steve

Hi Steve---glad to hear everything is going along in the right direction now. Also glad to hear your Dad is, "pissed off," that's a good sign!!!! Please tell your Mom to take care of herself, too....I know the strain we had to deal with, and that was only for 4 days postop!!!! Hopefully you're all holding up OK. Please tell your Dad you're all definitely still in our prayers and will continue to be there till he's home with you. My husband, who is asleep now because it's 2:47 in the morning our time and he's the normal person in the family, will be overjoyed with this news.

Thank you so much for posting. I'm not sure you realize how many people check this site frequently for news of your Dad. Do you know if he got the package I sent to the hospital? Just a little something to make him smile......

Thanks, Steve, for all you've done in keeping us posted.

Evelyn

What great news. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to improve for Ross. I check this site daily to see how he is doing.

Good news Steve

Good news Steve

Knew we had not heard from you in 3 days..but always believe the old saying..No news is good news..:) Tell him hello for all of us. Bonnie

Hi Steve-

It's so good to hear that Ross is continuing to improve. Being PO'd means that he's getting better. Often people who have gone through traumatic things are angry, but they are also suffering from chemical changes that cause crankiness, beyond their control. So be patient with Dad and remain your loving self. He'll come out of it.

Any emotions that he's displaying right now are much better than being in a coma. It means he's alive.

Please send him best wishes from Joe and Nancy and tell him we're thinking of him.

This is great news! PO'd means he is fighting, and ready to get better and take over control of his life. Asking for your Mom is a tribute to her, and their relationship. He must depend on her to help him during the bad times.

Please send our best to Ross and your Mom.

Wayne and Marybeth

Thanks Steve for that wonderful and encouraging news! Does sound like his old self and, as I suspected, your Mom's the magic medicine (like when his fever came down because she took care of him).

I'm sure your presence is magic medicine to him too; keep giving it to him.

He may be cranky but he's a real softie at heart!

Jennifer

Thanks Steve,

Sounds like he is turning the corner. I'm praying that he continues to improve and that your family especially Mom recieves the strength and patience she needs to give him the care he needs.

God Bless you all!
BECKY

Steve- Tell your dad it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. Old , bad joke, I know.
Tell him to get well and stop harassing people. Concentrate on getting home
-Mara

Steve - Your bad news is good news. I can't imagine anyone not being angry with having to go through his experience. He will be his old self once they get him on his feet. Please tell him we are thinking about him.

GIVE 'EM H*LL ROSS!

Thanks for the update Steve, and I echo the other's feelings that this fighting and attitude is a good sign.

I pitched a fit and blew my top one day in the step down unit, and my mental state seemed to really clear up after that.

Steve,
Given what your dad has been through, being pissed off seems like the only logical emotion. In good marriages, there is no one in the world that a man trusts like his wife. When I went through my tough times in the hospital, my vision was a little blurry. There was one sweet nurse who looks a LOT like my wife. They tell me that I kept hollering for her all night long (by my wife's name), and then would hold onto her hand for dear life.

Your dad's fighting spirit is going to be what pulls him through this. Hang in there, Steve, and if your dad has some emotional outbursts and seems impossible at times, just remember it's a sign he's getting better. All those drugs, while necessary, have all kinds of side effects.

Take care,
--John

Last edited:
Hey steve, it's great to hear that Ross is coming around. I have been out of town for a couple of days, so haven't been able to check to see your updates. Did you get my card? When I came out of it, they had to strap me down to the bed, or I would flail around, and try to yank the cath out and try to get up and walk out. I did scream a lot! One of my nurses was not a good nurse to have in the ICU, but all my other nurses and doctors were WONDERFUL! It's normal. I wanted my mommy, myhusband, and my brother in there to defend me. He's probably coming off some pretty heavy narcs, and THAT is the worst part(for me it was)Tell Ross to keep fighting!

Cussing

Cussing

when I had my first child I screamed all kinds of dirty words at nurses and doctor.:D And didn't want to see my husband. Maybe that is why the visiting hours are far and few between..in ICU..My daughter said the nurses had to bound me even tho I don't remember anything. Must have been on some good stuff:D :D Bet Ross will not remember much..that is why he is going to enjoy reading all these threads when he gets back home. We'll have to call him a wooozy;) Bonnie

Hey Steve!

Great to hear old Rosso is still kicking!! It's a GOOD sign! Poor guy, I think I'd be on my last nerve too if I was in the midst of what he's going through. He'll have a lot of emotional roller coaster throughout this, dealing with the aftermath of such a serious surgery and recover, plus as Nancy said, all the drugs. Hang tight, it may take a while, but looks like he's coming around okay. Thanks for the update, still praying for all of you.

-JEnnie

Great to hear ol' Ross is getting back to NORMAL!:D :D :D Yeah, there's still grumpy old men, even on this side of the mountain! Welcome to the club, Ross!:D

Right on, Ross!

Right on, Ross!

Sounds like our Ross is coming around. I had to laugh out loud when I read your post, Steve.

Tell your Dad we're all thinking of him.

Rain

Latest posts

Back