TSA & Box Time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

Colleen and I flew out of Denver International Airport on Monday to meet some friends in Arizona for a week of golf. We encountered a short delay while going through security. My heart valve set off the metal detector. The TSA folks stuck me in a glass box to await the arrival of the "pat down" guy. The wait was about fifteen minutes and the search took an additional five minutes.

The "pat down" guy was all business and serious until my wife asked him if most of the folks he frisked had asses as cute as mine. I wasn't sure any of those TSA guys had a sense of humor, but her question got the best of him.

My InRatio INR monitoring unit was in my carry-on bag at DIA. It provoked some interest and a couple of questions from the TSA folks at the x-ray machine.

Interestingly, when we went through security on Saturday at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix I encounterd no problems with their metal detectors. No cheap thrills for the TSA guys or me on that end of things. They didn't even give my InRatio machine a second look.

-Philip

One time I set the machine off, at a foreign airport where the security seemed particularly tight that day, and the only metal thing(s) it possibly could have been were my sternum wires. I figured they must have had that machine set especially sensitively. I couldn't speak their language and the pat down was happily very quick. I'm glad they didn't study me in a glass cube for fifteen minutes first because I think I'd have either ended up angry or crying.

That you and your wife kept a sense of humor about it was probably the best course :) .

Latest posts

Back