Tremors?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp172

Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced tremors in their hands after surgery. While I had a slight tremor prior to surgery it has gotton worse since surgery. I can hardly fill out forms at work.

I had minimal invasive surgery.Muscle and other tissue in my right side was cut and nerves were moved around. I assume tremors will get better? I had surgery on Feb.7th and seem to be having a smooth recovery otherwise.

Any thoughts?

I had minimally invasive but have no tremors. I had surgery seven weeks ago today. The shoulder pain is still there though and it's on my left side.
Take care
Earline

Tremors

Tremors

For about 2 days I had some hand/eye coordination problems but that all passed by the time I came home. I would consider seeing a Neurologist just to get an opinion from that perspective. Good luck

I was on a high dose of the anti-arrhythmic drug Flecainide for several years. I started developing very strange neuro symptoms, one of them being a tremor. After researching different things I felt that the Flecainide might be the culprit and requested that I be taken off of it. After a few weeks the tremor was gone and my other neuro symptoms as well. It is worth considering a side effect of a medication....even one that you have been on a long time.

Thanks Guys,

I have checked the side effects of my meds and do not see anything that might be related. I will be seeing my surgeon soon and plan to ask him. The tremors seems to be getting better.:)Again thanks for the comments.

My family is known for being 'shaky' so I didn't pay too much attention to my tremors until recently. Thanks for pointing me to that web site, Nancy. My thyroid medicine, Levothyroxine, lists tremor as a side affect. Interesting.

Tremors

Tremors

Yes, I experienced tremors in my hands following surgery. The problem really had me worried. I literally had to hold on to the edge of my desk or the arms of my chair when people would visit with me in my office.

We never did figure out what caused the problem. It could have been some kind of reacton to meds or may have been related to muscle fatigue. I started a rehab program two weeks following surgery. After a couple of weeks my tremors disappeared.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back