Totally starting to relax!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaryC said:
I'm a new user to this web site. I am getting in the upcoming surgery line behind Ruth, Michelle and Adam. My mitral valve repair (hopefully!) is scheduled for 02/08 - also with Dr Ryan, Adam. After 13 yrs of monitoring my heart status, I am still in shock that I am actually having the surgery! :eek: Good luck to all of you on your surgeries.

MaryC
Mitral valve repair scheduled 02/08/07 in Plano, TX with Dr Ryan

Hi Mary and welcome to VR.com
I also have MVP with regurg that is being monitored. Can I ask you what criteria made them decide you were ready for surgery - was it measurements, increase in left ventricle size, level of regurg, symptoms?? Just curious :D Jeanne

Michelle/Bob -

We have a business where we ship boxes every day so even cutting it close like this shouldn't be too big a deal. Michelle is in VA and I'm just north in MD, usually we see a 1 day turnaround in shipping so close by.

C'mon, I got a whole 3 day head start on Michelle! I may not be that photogenic but y'all can see me in the shirt anyway. :cool:

I missed StretchL this weekend, I've been away from the website for a couple of days. I PM'd him with my shipping address, hopefully he'll be able to send it up here for the next round.

Take care all,
Ruth

Tawdry Shirt #2 is on its way to Springfield MA for jbrown413 whose surgery is scheduled for 1/3/07.

davidfortune said:
Tawdry Shirt #2 is on its way to Springfield MA for jbrown413 whose surgery is scheduled for 1/3/07.

Thanks for the update, David! Goodness! Who is minding the calendar.....we are a busy bunch this month!!!

At some point we might need a whole new Thread Heading to keep track of all the shirt exchanges! Ross?? Is there room for ..... The Shirt??

Good luck everyone!!!! We certainly have our attention directed towards our January flock.

:) Marguerite

ruth said:
I missed StretchL this weekend, I've been away from the website for a couple of days. I PM'd him with my shipping address, hopefully he'll be able to send it up here for the next round.

Hi, Ruth. We ended up not going to NoVA, after all. I just wasn't up for it. Felt very weak this past weekend... but better today.

I'm shipping The Shirt out to you today via Fed-X. You should have it tomorrow or Thursday.

Enjoy!

ps- I just looked at your orchid photos! WONDERFUL!! Noni's from Indonesia, and crazy about orchids, but can't for the life of her get one to bloom here. I can't wait to show her yours!

Peace-

Ruth, don't fold laundry for a while after surgery. That's not the exercise you want. Your sternum should not be flexed too much with repetitive motions, such as folding.

Okay... There's a shirt going to Homer in Springfield, and a shirt going to Ruth. Ruth has Michelle covered on the Maryland-Virginia rebound.

I have Tawdry Shirt #3 available. Is someone in a time crunch for it? Adam?

Adam, look at the shirts in the pictures...no one really wants to see anyone in these shirts...it's not a problem...you can participate...

First shipping address gets the shirt.

Best wishes,

aussiemember said:
Hi Mary and welcome to VR.com
I also have MVP with regurg that is being monitored. Can I ask you what criteria made them decide you were ready for surgery - was it measurements, increase in left ventricle size, level of regurg, symptoms?? Just curious :D Jeanne

Jeanne - My heart size and other measurements have stayed around the same size for last several years - I've been classified a 3+ for a while with no symptoms. I have several siblings with MVP but my brother, a few years older than me, ended up having an unexpected valve replacement in September. His surgeon gave me enough specific information about my brother's valve and why it kept him from getting a repair to push me to ask my cardiologist more specific questions about the condition of the valve leaflets that couldn't be answered with a general echo. My cardiologist referred me for a TEE. Based on the amount of regurgitation along with the size, the cardioligists reviewing my TEE reccomended surgery.

StretchL - I am sorry you weren't feeling great this past weekend, don't push it too far too fast, ok?

Thanks for the compiments on the orchids, they are my passion, my sanity and my joy! There's a whole hobby greenhouse of them that will be awaiting my return from surgery. Many are not too hard to grow and I'm sure we could get Nonni to have some success with some of the more house-friendly varieties. As flowers go they are really special I enjoy my hobby time with them very much!

Mark your calendar for Columbus Day weekend and come to DC for the annual show at the Arboretum, it's a really special treat. I'll meet you down there and give you the personal tour if you'd like! :)

Best wishes,
Ruth

ruth said:
StretchL - I am sorry you weren't feeling great this past weekend, don't push it too far too fast, ok?

It was that damned Lopressor they had me on. Had my BP way down. Went to cardiac rehab on Tuesday and my pressure was only in the mid 80's over something... I forget, but obviously too low. I've now cut the dosage in half (on the advise on my cardiac nurse practitioner... good thing we spoke I was going to stop cold turkey) and I already feel better.

ruth said:
Many are not too hard to grow and I'm sure we could get Nonni to have some success with some of the more house-friendly varieties. As flowers go they are really special I enjoy my hobby time with them very much!

She'd like to pick your brain about that, I'm sure. We have a space where we're thinking of build shelves against some south facing windows... would that be too much for orchids?

ruth said:
Mark your calendar for Columbus Day weekend and come to DC for the annual show at the Arboretum, it's a really special treat. I'll meet you down there and give you the personal tour if you'd like! :)

Yes, that sounds wonderful! We were up there a few weeks ago and love the arboretum. Didn't know there was an orchid show... and would love to meet you *and* get a personal tour! :)

Ruth,
I just read all your postings on your webpage, and I think the imagery of your orchids will be a wonderful thing to distract you throughout the surgery process.
I really think you're going to do well.
Best wishes and we'll see you on the other side.
Mary

The worry over weight got the best of us and we decided to put 2 more posts under the deck after the fact. Out to home depot, the 8' 6x6 posts had to ride home in my little convertible, top down so they could be transported! All this in January in D.C., no less. We got a few nods and friendly waves on the drive home.

Ruth, it's amazing what you can tote in those BMW convertibles when you are determined! Dick and I replaced some sliding closet doors in our condo last winter and drove home with two wood louvered sliding doors in the BMW convertible with the top down. Had it been up to me, I would have paid to have them delivered, but Dick was determined! LOL
Have a safe trip over the mountain and hurry back to your beautiful orchids.:D

Ruth, Just wanted to say good luck. I will be thinking of you.

Keep up the possitive attitude! Your going to be fine!

Steph

Ruth

It'll soon all be over and I'm sure it'll go just fine.

I was going to say relax and enjoy. But that's wishing for too much !!

But hopefully you can RELAX.

Best Wishes

George

Thanks all for the good wishes! They are very much appreciated.

StretchL, the Tawdry shirt arrived here safe & sound. I have Michelle's address and will forward it to her forthwith.

I'll post again from "the other side".

Ruth

It will go faster than you think. When you wake up, if you surround yourself with the thought that you've made it, you're alive, you will be bouyed by that image throughout the recovery.

My thoughts will be with you on Tuesday.

Very best wishes,

Godspeed, Ruth. We look forward to your post surgery report and wish you the best of surgeries and an uneventful recovery.

Latest posts

Back