Today is my last day -cardiac rehab

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Hi All,

Today is my last day of cardiac rehab and on Monday I return to work. I feel this ends my successful second AVR and I couldn't be happier with my new ATS valve. I am now almost back to energy levels I had 18 months pre-surgery. I'm starting to do heavier weights and have recommenced jogging. I'm loving the slight soreness I am experiencing from physical exertion. The valve noise is a non issue. I hear it when I first get into bed and find it oddly comforting. Warfarin is going ok. The last 2 tests have seen a lower INR and I am not sure why this is the case, but feel I will get it sorted. I am playing with getting my test results from the lab and comparing it to my home monitor. I will do this for a little while longer, until I feel more confident with the home monitor. I had a MAZE procedure with the AVR and 10 weeks down the track I have had no aFib whatsoever. This is the longest I have been without aFib in almost 25 years and is the best thing imaginable - aFib totally sucks - and to not be experiencing it is unbelievable.

I am a little anxious about going back to work which is pretty normal for me after a long break. The good thing about returning is it represents things going back to normal and in the scheme of things this is good.

To those who have responded to my questions over the last 10 or so weeks - thank you. To those who are about to embark on this journey - good luck. May your journey be as routine, uneventful and successful as mine has been.

All the best.

Phil.

Back