Today I sneezed...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgreenwood

Today I sneezed – 3 days less than a full 2 weeks from PVR surgery, I don't recall needing to sneeze, it just sort of snuck up on me in my recliner watching the evening news. In my comfortable stupor I lit an atomic bomb from my sternum leaving a burning sharp pain that caused me to propel at the same velocity four letter words for the better portion of 5 minutes.
My advice to you after open heart surgery is simply this: don't get the hiccups, don't cough without a pillow and for the love of god don't sneeze. Oh and try not to laugh too hard that'll hurt too…

This made me smile! I remember my frantic efforts to stop a sneeze coming!

I had a AVR and Aortic Root plus single bypass a fortnight ago and so far so good. After about four days I was visited by two wise-cracking friends which was fantastic for my morale but I'm now planning serious payback if ever either of them get sick!

Liam

Mgreenwood speaks the truth. I went home on day 6 after AVR where I coughed for the first time. Yes, an F-bomb immediately followed. I became close friends with my chest pillow and Norco for the next 2 weeks.

Hi

Joseph Miller;n864792 said:
I'm new on here. How do I make a
Post?

you seem to have made two already, but if you mean start a new topic (rather than post) then:
*choose the most appropriate forum and
* click the [+New Topic] button at the top of the page under the orange Topics icon

PS: our Bio's look similar enough ... 3OHS, when were they?

I managed to avoid sneezing for 3 months after my surgery! So I don't know how painful it would have been.

But I laughed a lot! Even in ICU and boy was laughing ever painful! Unfortunately my best friend is very funny and there was no escaping laughter pain!

Good to hear the wires holding the sternum together don't split! My dh got the hiccups two days after ohs and didn't like it a bit. Can't imagine sneezing.

Back