To Work or Leave the Job

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, I am really happy for this added to that I am having my own floor constructed in the 3 floor house.

Regarding the odds of non-arranged marriage... hmm...!! well they are open to it, but I sincerely don't have the guts to do such a thing... :-D, I as an Indian's haven't learn't this art yet... ;-)

Any tips anyone.. !!!

Hmmm - I don't think Americans have learned this art exactly either!!! :)In the case of love - adults can end up acting like silly teenagers! It does make the world go round though. :):)

Perhaps there could be a compromise. I too like Mileena's idea of looking for a wife that has some of the same type of health issues as you! It seems taht she too would find herself in the difficult position on not being the most desirable for arranged marriages (hard for us to understand that, but it is your culture). Should you meet someone in your Dr.'s office or during cardiac rehab or something like that who sparks your interest, maybe you could just find out her name and family connection and your parents could then go the traditional route of arranging the marriage.

Just a thought and maybe it still doesn't work that way there.

Best of luck to you!

Hmmm - I don't think Americans have learned this art exactly either!!! :)In the case of love - adults can end up acting like silly teenagers! It does make the world go round though. :):)

Perhaps there could be a compromise. I too like Mileena's idea of looking for a wife that has some of the same type of health issues as you! It seems taht she too would find herself in the difficult position on not being the most desirable for arranged marriages (hard for us to understand that, but it is your culture). Should you meet someone in your Dr.'s office or during cardiac rehab or something like that who sparks your interest, maybe you could just find out her name and family connection and your parents could then go the traditional route of arranging the marriage.

Just a thought - but then again maybe it just isn't done this way either.

Best of luck to you!

Rhena

Varun, just be friendly, be nice to those you meet, make small conversation and try to keep a smile on your face. You seem like a very nice fellow and you should be able to develop a small friendship with a nice gal. You don't have to do anything grand, just be yourself.

Small friendships can sometimes blossom into much closer friendships, and that is how couples get together and fall in love.

Is there any reason why you cannot have the operation in your home town?

You will need to have your blood tested every week or sooner until your INR stabalizes. Someone will have to drive you to the hospital or clinic for this.

Usually people after two or three weeks will need a few weeks of rehab in a facility. Initially someone will have to drive you. After six weeks you may be able to do the driving yourself. I was told to work part-time for a few months after the first few weeks. I do not think working part-time for that long was necessary.

Everyone is different. For me after a few weeks I did not feel feel debilitated except for worrying about not lifting until my chest was back iin shape.

THe way I understand AVR- after your surgery you have a similar life expectancy as anyone else. It's before the surgery that you life is in question.
Also, you could explain that your would be spouse would know that your heart has been repaired and she knows what she is getting. She could marry someone with no known heart issues and they could eventually need a surgery later. After surgery- you are new and improved.

I wish people understood this in my part of the country, when you go in for arranged marriage, its more like people looking for more suitable mates, you wouldn't take a product that's defective :), I know it looks rude and inhumane... but that's how it works here...

Varun,
I have followed your thread and understand the predicament you are in regarding finding a spouse. I am friends with a young woman who in fact had her marriage arranged by her parents along with his parents. The couple met once, I believe 3 weeks before the ceremony. So I can only hope that you are able to find someone to "care" for you, both before and after your surgery whenever that might be. Stay strong as I firmly believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to find that needle in the haystack...

Thanks for checking Hensylee, I am in for my 6 monthly check up, will have it in a day or two... keeping my fingers crossed as always...

Now I am staying with my parents, so all my worries on the who will take care are off my head.

Lets see what are HIS plans for me, I can only watch while he plays :-D.

Thanks for checking Hensylee, I am in for my 6 monthly check up, will have it in a day or two... keeping my fingers crossed as always...

Now I am staying with my parents, so all my worries on the who will take care are off my head.

Lets see what are HIS plans for me, I can only watch while he plays :-D.

escargome: Thanks for listening I hope HE listens to me too...let the wait not be too long ;-D

Hi varun , anti-coag check is available in india for Rs 20,000/ but it is maid as per US wheather conditions. You have to check inr in AC rooms in india.If temp is high machine is not working SRINIVAS

Back