To Work or Leave the Job

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I mention that ER is not really good in India

Did I mention that ER is not really good in India

Hi all thanks for your comments, I got a fair bit of idea that I may need help initially during the recovery period. Later I can be on my own.

I do have another doubt, In India the ER is not that well established as in US or UK, infact if you feel that you have to go to hospital, you have to take your stuff and reach the hospital yourself (911's kinda stuff doesn't work in here :D ), so this is one more thing that came to my mind.

Your thoughts...!!

PS: As mentioned in one of the post INR Home testing is not an option, as these products are not sold in India at all.. :mad:

Although getting to the ER is something you hope not to have to do, it is something that you should be prepared for. Most people are advised not to drive for at least a few weeks after surgery (5 for me) due to the pain meds and the sliced sternum. If you are having symptoms that require the ER, you shouldn't drive anyway, because you might pass out and kill yourself and others. Do you have a neighbor or friend who could take you to the hospital if necessary? If so, I would have that arrangement made ahead of time so you know how to get in touch with them.

PS: As mentioned in one of the post INR Home testing is not an option, as these products are not sold in India at all.. :mad:

You don't need to buy it in India. From my understanding, if you can get a prescription from your Dr., you may be able to order one on the internet.

Getting and INR hometesting kit from US will cost me more then my surgery cost :-D. I think I'll settle for office visits for now :)

Getting and INR hometesting kit from US will cost me more then my surgery cost :-D. I think I'll settle for office visits for now :)

LOL...I think someone on here just recently mentioned buying one from Austrialia....just go look in the anti-coag forum and see.

Kim

if at all possible I would have someone stay with you or you go stay with someone at least for the first 3 weeks. After the first three weeks I was able to make lunch for myself. MY hubby would open the pill bottles before he left for work for me cuz they were hard to open.

I had OHS in August. In December of the same year, I was hit by a guy with no lights on, broadside, at 10pm at night. I needed more help after the car accident than I did after OHS! Of course, going back to work in 6 weeks is "normal" and depends on if you had any coexistant medical problems.

Varun, I had taken 3 months off, and I still wasn't ready to go back to work, but I had to or I would have lost my job. When I went back to work, I lasted 5 months at that job. Then found another job closer to home. Was very tired after work, but I did it!! Going back to work forces you to get better faster.

My husband was with me on a daily basis for 3 months, but get this....he had a broken arm! We took care of each other! Definitely don't stay alone....at least not for the first 2months. That is my opinion! Lots of luck to you. :eek:

Lilly

Lilly,

I think you did hit the nail in the head, thanks I think you understand my condition better. Unfortunately you have a spouse and I don't I am still single.

Also here its really difficult to explain to people what the issue is, if you had an OHS you are out of any martial arrangement that can be formulated :eek:

Thanks a ton...!!:D

Hi Varun,

One of the things you do have easy access to at a reasonable cost is household help. You can get a live in help for a few months so that you don't do any household work yourself. Also, have you looked into nursing help? Many agencies can send you nurses home at a reasonable cost. For the first few weeks, this could be an option. Although the nurses are probably not that well trained, they can do the basic job of taking BP and pulse and make sure to call a doctor if the heart rate is erratic. Do you have a local cardiologist? ER may not be common in India, but look at the bright side, you have doctors who can make house calls in the middle of the night! When my Dad had his pacemaker put in, his cardiologist was coming to their house every few days to check and do an EKG. His fees were 500 rupees per visit. Maybe you can establish a trusted local doctor who is available any time you feel the need to be checked out before the need to go to the hospital arises.

All the best to you

hope not

hope not

Lilly,

Also here its really difficult to explain to people what the issue is, if you had an OHS you are out of any martial arrangement that can be formulated :eek:

Thanks a ton...!!:D

maybe i have mis understood this, but you seem to be saying that no indian woman will marry a man who has had open heart surgery.

that would be a big worry for you, but i am sure there is someone for everyone in this world

or maybe you should get married very quickly before the operation!

As far as marriage when someone has a medical problem. I married Joe knowing he had had heart surgery and that there might be other issues down the road. I loved him and wanted to be with him, so it was a non-issue for us. We had many wonderful years together.

You will find just the right woman who will love you for you, and you will go on to have a happy life, and God willing, children.

Well,
Westie is right to get married before operation, but before I respond to that, let me take you through the cultural aspect a bit, let me be short and crisp on that.

1. In India love marriages are still minor part, most of the marriages are arranged by parents, where in to-be's meet once and its decided, here concept of love after marriage takes precendence over love marriage.
2. If a person has an ailment or even something that looks like an ailment it takes a lot of time to get him/her married, for ex. its been 3yrs I have been looking around.

Now, back to Westie, Whether before or after OHS, marriage is based on your health condition, even if you have slightest of it, people tend to keep distance (in terms of marriage proposals) and its saddening in here. Although I don't blame them may be I would have done the same :-D who knows..., I can get married by not mentioning this condition as some of my relatives as suggested, but I know that way I'll be living with a sense of guilt and fear. So to keep my conscience clear I was ready to wait, but now the wait is getting to my head.... if you know what I mean :-D

Once you have your operation, your heart will be fixed. Health problems can happen to anyone, and eventually, everyone has problems.

You seem like a fine man and someone who would be a wonderful husband.

Maybe there will be a modern woman who will not be in such a traditional mind set.

I am sending positive vibes your way for the perfect mate.

Good News...!!
I got a job in New Delhi, that's where my family lives, I am gonna be staying with my family there.

Now the only concern is I get enough time to settle into my new company before the doctor decides to put me on the table.

Wow! Congratulations, good for you. Staying with your family sounds like an excellent opportunity to relax and rest a little.

I know! Look around when you visit your doctor for a nice lady with the same issues you have! Then settle down and take care of each other!

Mileena

Good News...!!
I got a job in New Delhi, that's where my family lives, I am gonna be staying with my family there.

Now the only concern is I get enough time to settle into my new company before the doctor decides to put me on the table.

well, that settles the issue of care after surgery for you. and that is very good news. good luck

Follow your heart. It sounds like a great opportunity to reunite with your family and be with them through this time in your life. That is providing your family is the loving, caring type. I rather think that is the case otherwise you wouldn't be considering the move.

Congratulations on the new job!! You will be in a much better frame of mind for the surgery knowing that you have your family to take care of you afterwards. And I love Mileena's suggestion of looking for a possible mate at your doctor's office:)! Is your family open to the idea of a non-arranged marriage?

Nadine

Latest posts

Back