Tissue Valve degeneration

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...the insufficiency/regurgitation is the confounding aspect of this, given the experience my surgeon's had with the medtronic valve. anyway, i'll post more to this thread as I find out more...looks like I'll be in for number 4 here in the not too distant future. My ticker is starting to look like a Microsoft product. har dee har.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Adam,this is the reason I opted for a Bjork Shiley originally which lasted 20 years, then ended up with an apico-aortic conduit with a St.Jude titanium in the fourth procedure. Repeat surgeries do come with problems, as you apparently have already discovered.

I've never heard of one having problems that early on, I know that is of no comfort. Will be anxious to read replies here. Best of luck to you.

You are corrrect. The first surgery was 11/07. I will update my profile. The TEE I had in 11/08 revealed valve was seated correctly, no calcium deposits but one of the leaflets was frozen in the open position creating severe insufficiency. Edwards did a study of my TEE but did not have a concrete answer. In fact their report stated valve was malfunctioning. Wow! I could have told them that. I had my 1st surgery at EAMC near Auburn, AL. My redo will be done at UAB, Birmingham, AL. Thanks for all the input!

Gee, Edwards is being 'hugely helpful'. :rolleyes: What's that about?

I am so very sorry to hear you are in this position and wish you an easy time of it with a perfect surgery this time.

Back