time with surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

Dr. Coselli repaired my leaking St. Jude aortic value and cut out my aortic anuerysm on March 31, 2009. I met with him for 30 minutes on Monday, had surgery on Tuesday, left the hospital 4 days later and never saw him again. This is not to say I was displeased or that I did not get good treatment; I did. I just happened to be up to date on my condition (got most of what I did not know from here) and his nurse practicioner was extremely helpful with any questions I had, which were actually very few since I had surger in 1978 and 1991. Had I stayed in the hospital a day or 2 longer I may have seen Dr. Coselli during his rounds, but alas, I did see different, excellent doctors every morning.

The only issue I have, and this is likely specific to my surgery, is that the heart-lung insertion point just below my right collar bone seems to have destroyed my right chest muscle (pec.) as it looks like I've been shot, e.g. you see my rib bones where I should have muscle even though I workout regularly, and do my best to rebuild that muscle. It seems that muscle is either gone, or it's just going to take a whole lot longer to redevelop it. This is not a complaint about the treatment I received, just an observation, and a hope that what I have will eventually return to normal. We will see.

I wish you all the best, unfortunately I did not see the exact procedure that you need, sorry, but figured it might be somewhat similar judging by the fact that you have contacted Dr. Coselli. His former partner is Dr. Lawrie - who did Barbara Bush in March 2009.

Best regards,
Roderick

Back