Time for Post-Xmas INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All.....

Just checked Tyce's INR this morning and it was 4.1. He was great over the holidays, but it looks like it caught up with him.....He's drinking a v-8 juice right now.........maybe 2. It's nasty sleeting here right now, YUCKO!!! What a day to go to the cardio.

Ev

It was that Mimosa

It was that Mimosa

On New Year's morning..Yummmm Champagne and Orange Juice.:) :) Been hearing all morning it's going to get bad where yall live...Do you have a backup plan in case you cannot get back to dogs..I worry about little things like that..makes John mad. He'll live to be 100 and then probably remarry.:p :mad: :mad: Bon

Latest challenge

Latest challenge

Alright, I have to ask a question to all you "seasoned" coumadin users. What do you do when you start CRAVING vit. K rich foods? Last Friday I was at 3.6, so it was okay for me to eat a salad or two, and I did. I wanted a glass or two of wine on New Year's, so I had some stir fry with cabbage and broccoli with the wine, hoping to maybe counter-ballance (didn't realize it had BOTH when I ordered it, thought it was just the broccoli). I tested Wednesday and I was at 2.6, so I had lowered it quite a bit. But then last night I was "bad" and had "fusion tacos" (fried chicken strips and cabbage wrapped in corn tortillas with a spicy sweet and sour sauce). I know I need to go a few days without high doses of vit. K, but those foods sound so GOOD right now. What stinks is that for years it was always drilled into my head that salads and veggies were a good thing, so when I got cravings for them, I ate them. Now I know it's not a good idea. Any advice???

Thanks,

Hi B

Actually it was not THAT mimosa, it was THOSE MIMOSAS!!!! Tyce said to tell you it's back to O'Douls.....

Actually our cardio is only about 2 miles from our house, so we're not too worried. My cousin is supposed to come up to visit from Virginia tomorrow......I seriously hope they rethink it. They're saying we're going to get snow tomorrow......

Two v-8's down and a salad for lunch......

Will let ya'll know how the cardio went.

Ev

Vit. K Foods

Vit. K Foods

Niki..I'm boiling a corned beef on top of stove now..smells so good. Normally..I would put cabbage in the same pot..yummy..but know what it would do..I'm already on low side. 2.7 last check...plus Bill Aldridge and I are buddy dieters..so will forego the tators too.:D Bonnie

Well, the cardio went superwell. All is fine, no afib, bp 145/84 which he didn't love, but gave Tyce a tiny bit of diuretic to help it down along with meds.

Doesn't want to see him for 3 months and will then do an echo....
all is well. Tyce had a salad with lunch and on Monday we all go back to the D word.........

Have a great weekend.....GO JETS!!!

Ev

Book in your hand? Jim

Book in your hand? Jim

Are you marrying someone?:D What religion are you? Luthern? Hubby is a Luthern...Hit the road, Jack..Need to walk..I was walking in the cold wind yesterday. Me and Billy Bob Aldridge are diet buddies. We are going to look sweet on the beach this summer. Me in my bikini and Bill in his speedo:D Eat some cabbage..cole slaw..Lower that INR..Bonnie

The book is the oldest book I have, a textbook from 1690. Lutheran, definitely.
I use the treadmill, but it gets dull.

Reading of 4.6.

See what a few too many Merlots can do to you :eek: Oh well, back to normal. Holidays are behind us thankfully. It was a bit too much for me this year! Back together with family and friends after 4 years. Too much party

Not enough booze

Not enough booze

Darn, I was 2.7 day after Xmas and 2.5 today....Glad to find out from the thread above this that LA Cruiser says beer thins your blood. Instead of my reg. 2 tonight..I'll have 3:p :p :p Granny

I went up to 2.1 on Friday after taking 10mg last Monday through Thursday. They upped my dosage to 12.5mg for Friday and Saturday and 10mg for Sunday and Monday. I go back tomorrow so lets see if my INR will be higher.

I did talk with my cardios nurse and I had told her that every since I've been taking prescription iron pills (which has been about three months) , I haven't been able to get my INR to be normal. She told me that she has had patients that have been taking iron and it was hard to get their INR regulated too. She said there doesn't seem to be any research to back up the claim, or reason for it, just that it seems to happen to some individuals.

So I had another bloodtest for that last Thursday and now I'm off the iron pills. I hope my INR doesn't skyrocket tomorrow. I suppose if it does, I'll be able to eat some cilantro and avocado in my mexican salad I like to make. :D Haven't been able to eat that in a while.

I write Wednesday and let everyone know where I stand. Take care and God Bless!

They can't get me outta 1.0, ...H-E-L-P!

They can't get me outta 1.0, ...H-E-L-P!

Would a CASE of beer a day get me to my prefered 2.5/3.5 range?

H-E-L-P!

Forget the beer

Forget the beer

Of course "they" can't get you out of 1.0. You have to do that for yourself by taking your prescribed dose of Coumadin everyday at the same time and by regulating your diet to avoid foods high in vitamin K. If your INR is still at 1.0, that says to me that you are still attempting to find an alternative to Coumadin. There is no alternative. Take your Coumadin. It will give you the help you need.
Blanche

Hey Cruiser,

I have to echo what Blanche said..Taking your coumadin on a regular basis/same time of day...eating a consistant diet...monitoring intake of Vit K/ being consistant in excercize, will all help to stablize you at an acceptable level.

Once you get into a routine, it's not so bad and you'll stay within your range. You can do it!!!!

Zip:)

3.6 just before Christmas and 3.1 yesterday. Need to determine the interaction of Christmas cookies, fruitcake, and Merlot wine...

Mark
:)

Just took Tyce's....4.1 right after the holidays, 2.8 today.....Blanche is absolutely right, TAKE THE COUMADIN....consistency is the key....same time each day, and same types of food. Don't go crazy with anything, especially foods high in vit K. Talk to your Dr. about your dosage.

Evelyn

3.4 today

3.4 today

Got me a 3.4 today..:D Wanted to get above a 3 been under since Nov. Had a crumble of coumadin each night during the past week. Did it:D Or it was those lucky Black-eyed peas I had on New Year's Day:p :p :p Bonnie

Latest posts

Back