Three months out. Starting Plavix next week.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

Well I have been back to work for a few weeks. I notice that I am fatigued by the end of the day. Mostly it feels as this is from the actual surgery not any heart type of issue. At night my chest has been hurting again with that brittle bone/ muscle pain thing that was the issue around month one. I am guessing this goes away with regaining stamina.
As for what I can do with repercussions. Last weekend I was able to split wood, paint a bathroom, take a load of rubbish to the dump, move a table and not feel at the time like I overdid it. Alright maybe when swinging the axe.
My ECHO came back with great results. Just a little left vent wall enlargement but, we knew that and I am on some drugs to try to help remodel. I am not too hopeful that will happen and it seems the walls are not thick enough to worry the docs.

The big news is that I have been randomized to the Plavix side of the On-X survey. I'll head to Tacoma on Monday to find out more and start the weening off Coumadin to start the Plavix. I will keep you all informed.

Sounds like you are doing great.

Hope the visit Monday goes well as you stop coumadin and start plavix. Best Wishes.

The big news is that I have been randomized to the Plavix side of the On-X survey. I'll head to Tacoma on Monday to find out more and start the weening off Coumadin to start the Plavix. I will keep you all informed.

Unlike some Rxes, there's no need to be weaned off Coumadin/warfarin. You just stop taking it.

I guess I should not have said ween off the Coumadin rather than ramp up the Plavix. Regardless I need to have at least one more stick em and make sure my INR is in range the day I change over.

I guess I should not have said ween off the Coumadin rather than ramp up the Plavix. Regardless I need to have at least one more stick em and make sure my INR is in range the day I change over.

These people will never make sense. I'd like to know their rationale for doing it. Probably another CYA thing.

Latest posts

Back