Three month post-op question.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Frank

I had my three month post-op checkup and all seems well. However, I'm still not back to my pre-op condition (which was not great) with stairs and inclines. I really expected to be a bit farther along but my Cardologist didn't seem concerned.

Am I pushing my recovery time? I know some members say a year... :confused:

Thanks!

I think so. I didn't feel very good for about 6 months, but then I never did recover fully either.

I recovered quickly from my second OHS to a certain point and then it seemed I stalled a bit. I am coming up to nine months and just now am feeling the way I hoped this surgery would enable me to feel. It took me a year my first surgery to really feel well again.

Patience is the keyword. I thought I would race through recovery this time as I did extremely well immediately post op.

I'm grateful to my wonderful cardio to have the patience and interest to keep tweeking my meds to get me feeling as well as he can.

Three months really is not very long....give yourself time. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

We all recover differently. That said, most of us are beginning to really ALMOST feel recovered at about 3 months or so, but when pushed, I could tell at that point that I was not quite there, and others have said the same. I think I was not fully over it until 9 months post op. That is not to say that I could not do many things, including exercise, but my body just was not its old self before 9 months had passed.

hi roger, yea 3 months is still early in your recovery,it was six month before i really felt back to normal,and 9 months before i actually felt better than i have in years,if that makes sense lol, as my consultant said ,hey give it time to heal,you have the rest of you life to enjoy

Where you are at this point in time with your recovery sounds normal to me.

I am not 100% yet and I am a little over a year out. That being said I feel better than I did at 3 mo, 6 mo, and even 1 mo. I recovered fast to a point and then stalled some. Just take it easy and enjoy your new "you".

I've been feeling so blah for so long that I'm expecting it to take at least 6-12 months to even begin to start feeling like my "old" self (or should that be my younger self?). Aside from the physical trauma of the surgery itself, there's also deconditioning to overcome.. and getting back into the swing of things mentally.

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll keep improving.

A : )

I was beginning to think this was about as good as it was going to get... However, hearing fromthe brave souls that have gone before has been very reassuring! (Ross, sorry to hear about your situation)

Thanks everyone for your help!
RF

I was beginning to think this was about as good as it was going to get... However, hearing fromthe brave souls that have gone before has been very reassuring! (Ross, sorry to hear about your situation)

Thanks everyone for your help!
RF

Don't be. I was partially to blame, my doctor at the time was partially to blame also, but I had gone too long before having surgery and permanent damage set in.

You may also find that some things come back quicker than others. For example, right now you are not back to the starting point with stairs. However, you may be back to your starting point for walking or for carrying everyday items.

Three months is really not a long time at all!

Latest posts

Back