this is of course why I go right ahead and ignore Nutritionists

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
classic stuff

“You may be surprised to find out that an average slice of pizza and a bowl of cereal with whole milk contain nearly the same amount of calories,” Amer said.“However, pizza packs a much larger protein punch, which will keep you full and boost satiety throughout the morning.”
LOL ... these guys can barely tell you the steps of metabolism of fructose. ... let alone what phosphorylation is ... FMD

tom in MO

Cold pizza for breakfast is an "American thing" wouldn't expect an Aussie to understand :) If it's good pizza it's good for you 24/7. The concept that breakfast is specific kinds of food folds up on itself with a global view of breakfast.

cldlhd

Protimenow

My wife and I are trying very hard to get away from eggs - there seem to be only a handful of ways to prepare them (although I realize that there are probably thousands).

I doubt that these are the best way to break an evening-long fast.

We don't usually have meat in the morning - we probably should. I don't usually make enough food at night for leftovers in the morning.

Maybe I should invert the food schedule to better serve my family's needs, with 'dinner' in the morning, a snack in early afternoon, and a nice large breakfast at around 4 PM.

-----

My wife used to joke about having steak and eggs for breakfast. One day, I might even surprise her.

cldlhd

My wife and I are trying very hard to get away from eggs - there seem to be only a handful of ways to prepare them (although I realize that there are probably thousands).

I doubt that these are the best way to break an evening-long fast.

We don't usually have meat in the morning - we probably should. I don't usually make enough food at night for leftovers in the morning.

Maybe I should invert the food schedule to better serve my family's needs, with 'dinner' in the morning, a snack in early afternoon, and a nice large breakfast at around 4 PM.

-----

My wife used to joke about having steak and eggs for breakfast. One day, I might even surprise her.
It's a difficult subject. The advice seems to change regularly, I'm old enough to remember when eggs would kill you if you ate them regularly and then they went to being considered very nutritious, I would imagine if your cholesterol and triglycerides are under control and occasional egg won't hurt. I'm sure someone will get out here now and tell me you have to have an entirely plant-based diet to live past 40 or something but like I said it seems to go back and forth with nutrition overall to an extent but for some reason the eggs get kicked around a lot. I mean clearly a lot of sugar isn't good for you though

AZ Don

"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." - Michael Pollan

It doesn't have to be so complicated.

FYI, regarding eggs, I believe that some of the studies that came out in support of eggs were funded by the industry. It is illegal (in the US) to label eggs as nutritious or healthy due to rules against false or misleading advertising - google it.