Third Open Heart Surgery/ Second Aortic Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bratbuz, Hang in there. Don't let it get you down, I know it is easier said then done. My Heart Story started at birth, therefore I really thank my parents for not treating me different, a normal childhood I had. I was born (1969) with Mitral Valve Defect, in Germany (Dad was in the USA Army). The doctor gave me two weeks to live and by would I like to met him today; 41 years later. I had a ball and cage mitral valve put iin 1971. In 1984 I had outgrown that valve and was replace with a St. Judes Mechanical Mitral Valve. In 1985 I had surgery; Coartation of the Aorta. In 1993 I had Aortic Aneurysms at the site of my Coartation from 1985. I have a AICD implanted in 2007. I have Congestive Heart Failure, A-Fib. My surgeries were done at Mayo Clinic, Rodchester, MN, Egleston Childrens' Hospital, Atlanta, GA, Emory, Atlanta, GA and AICD was at East Alabama Medical Center, Opelika, AL. I go October 5 to UAB in Birming ham to see Cardiologist about the biventricular implant, because when mine was put in the Dr. could not put but one lead in, he could not get the other lead into the Atrium, going get evaluated for replacement. Luckily I have had no episodes since AICD. I sure wish you well. Stay positive Take Care if you would like to PM feel free too.

Latest posts

Back