They are saying the HOME word for Joe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

They are finally saying the Home word for Joe. He is feeling much better. His color is excellent, his breathing is great with a 95 sat on room air. He's lost about 24 pounds of ugly fluid, his anemia is under control, he's able to walk almost a third of a mile without stopping.

It's been a long haul, but a good one. For those of you who don't know, he went into Albany Medical Center Dec. 30 in acute CHF, severe pulmonary hypertension and very bad anemia. They have turned it around for him. His doctor is Lawrence Zisman who specializes in pulmonary hypertension and CHF. He is also on the transplant team, but Joe doesn't need that.

That is such a relief to hear Nancy. I'm very happy for the both of you. Now, keep him healthy so that there aren't any repeat visits to the luxury hotel. (I know-Yeah, Right)

By the sounds of it, Joe will be doing better then I!:)

Nancy, Thats great news about Joe!! I know its been a long road to travel but it sounds like hes made it! Congratulations and continued good health to both of you. :)

hi nancy!
i was so happy to read your post about the possibility of joe going home soon. i'm so glad that he is doing this well. please try and get some rest yourself when joe rests; you must be exhausted!
wishing you both all the best. you are in my thoughts,
sylvia

A few words. . .

A few words. . .

Nancy, I think there are just a few words which are appropriate right now:

The first one. . . WOW!

The other two. . . THANK GOD!

May God be with both of you, always.

SteveE

Hooray!!!

Hooray!!!

Hi Nancy!
That is wonderful news. I'm so glad to hear that Joe will be going home soon. You both have been through some really tough moments recently. The two of you take care of yourselves and no more of this visiting the luxury hotel (as Ross calls it)LOL:) I hope Joe continues to do well. It sounds like he has a really good doctor looking after him.

Take Care & God Bless!
Gail

That's WONDERFUL NEWS Nancy !

I'm sure it must be a HUGE RELIEF to you both.

Managing multiple medical maladjustments is maddening.
I know I've lost my balance more times than I care to recall.
I'm glad to hear the new team was able to get Joe back on
track. I know you'll do everything possible to keep him in
balance.

Best wishes to both of you. Time for a good REST.

'AL'

What great news! Sounds like Joe had a superb medical team that went the extra mile. I hope the two of you find a great way to celebrate Joe's home-coming. In spite of the cold weather, this news sure warms the heart!

--John

Wonderful news,

We are all very happy to hear the good news.

Take care and try to get some rest, I can only imagine how much stress you are under.

Best

Nancy,

I've been following your posts and was really happy to read the good news.

You have been a beacon of hope for Joe and a lot of us other virtual Joes out here. As Bill stated you need to get some rest from the stress you must have been under.

Tell Joe to keep getting better.

Walter

Such good news, Nancy. Please give Joe our love and congratulations to you both. This one has been a very long haul for you and now you can be in your own home all day every day soon and not have to trek out in the cold. God bless

CONGRATS NANCY AND JOE......SO GLAD HE'S ON THE ROAD HOME!!! YOU CERTAINLY HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT!

BUNDLE HIM UP, KEEP HIM WARM AND BRING HIM ON HOME!!!

EV

Nancy, so glad to hear you and Joe are now heading towards the home word. You two are very special with us...be sure to bundle Joe up in this cold. Love and luck to the two of you.

Attaboy, Joe. Nancy, I'm really glad to hear this...I'm sure you must be relieved and exhausted.

Take care of yourselves.

Johnny :D

great news Nancy and Joe

Its always good to get back home. It must be terrific to go home in so much better health. :D Happy for the both of you!

Nancy-
Glad to hear the great news. I know you both are thrilled to have this large bump in the road over with. May you both be blessed with good health in the weeks to come! :)
Julia

Great news! Nancy, you deserve more credit than even the doctors. Congrats on your victory getting Joe back home! I hope the two of you can now have some time to really celebrate and enjoy the fruits of that victory.

By the way, I just had a followup echo and came through with flying colors! Just a little bit of leakage but all my symptoms have greatly diminished. My cardio says that if I get back in the shape I used to be in before all this happened that he expects me to be symptom-free for a long time to come. He doesn't even want to see me or have another followup echo for a year!

Last edited:
Nancy,
Fantastic news...great to hear!

Hi Nancy,

So good to hear the great news about Joe. I hope he has smooth sailing from here on out.

Rob

Hi Nancy,

It is so good to hear that Joe can go home. It's been a rough few weeks for the both of you. Joe and you both will probably get more sleep at home than in the hospital anyway. Try to get some well deserved rest for yourself. I'll keep Joe and you in my prayers and pray for a healthier New Year for you both! Take care and God Bless!

Latest posts

Back