The Official New Surgery Date Is Here!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about us...

Don't worry about us...

You silly goose, it's our turn to be thinking about YOU! Best of luck to you. One heck of a way to start off the week, huh?

Your t-shirt and sweatshirt will be in your mailbox to greet you when you get home. They'll likely throw you out by Saturday, so you shouldn't miss too many cartoons.

God bless. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Please ask your better half to post messages on Monday and Tuesday so we know you're doing.

Good Luck Ross! You'll be on the other side very soon. Try not to think about your surgery. HA HA! Not likely to happen. All of us here at VR.com will be waiting to hear of an update on you! See, now you've gotten 5 pages of positive vibes. It just goes to show that we love ya here, and go get em tiger!

I hate Mondays. Now that that's out of the way......

Thunderstorms-What a disappointment. There all developing just South of our house. Doesn't look like I'll get obliged that way today. Oh well, were supposed to have more Monday-Go figure!

Hey Rosso!

I think we here will all be in withdrawal while you are off on your vacation for the week. What will we do without your smiling face here?? Thankfully we have old posts to look at....!

Ah, forget the dumb surgery! Take your lovely wife to the movies - something funny - and get your mind off all this! And forget the cleaning! It'll be a mess in a couple days anyway. And isn't that what your kids are for??

Looking forward to hearing how everything goes on Monday. Wishing you all the best. We (me, anyway) will be praying all day and holding my breath until I hear some good news.

bye 4 now,
Jennie

Last edited:
Jennie, is the following "we here" supposed to be a link? If so, it's not working. Just wondering. Or am I being to computer stupid to realize that it's changed font colored and underlined? I'm losing it I tell ya.
:eek:

Rosso,

It's called [COLOR==deeppink]EMPHASIS!![/COLOR] Ah, what I have to put up with here....! :rolleyes: I fixed it for you. Is that better? And the "EMPHASIS" here is NOT, I repeat, NOT a link either. But no worries. I see the pumpheadedness is setting in already.... :(

Aren't you supposed to be at the moovies?? ;)

-Jennie

Ross,
How well I remember those last few days before surgery! Kind of an adventure in emotional extremes! But, I suspect that you, like many others (and me), will experience a growing calm in the next few days. You've planned this thoroughly, you've done your homework, and you've touched the lives of many many people who will be cheering you on through the whole thing.

Do try to have some fun this weekend, and know that we are all holding you close in our thoughts and prayers.

--John

A shucks, thanks Jennie, The bad part, I figured it out while I was typing, the good part, I got to talk to you again. :p

John, thank you for your thoughts and prayers also. I still haven't PM'd you like I thought I would. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll wait until this is over. Don't take that in a strange way. I have some things that I wanted to talk to you about in your experience because I have a strong feeling that you and I went through something. I'm curious to see if my feeling is right.

I will talk to you soon. :)

68 Replies

68 Replies

Anyone who gets 68 replies is more popular than the Queen of England. I don't even know 68 people....Hank needs to post this for a record. Hip Hip Hooray for our Ross...:D :D :D And the very best to him on Monday..We all love you Ross. Bonnie

To set the record straight. I'm not trying to turn this into a popularity contest. I enjoy all of you. Nothing more, nothing less. I sometimes feel that maybe I should back off and watch more, post less.

Granbonny, I know you don't mean anything by it. I just wanted to clear that up for anyone that may feel that is what is happening.

From a friend at another forum that I help at in computer security:

SPECIAL HEARTS

Special are the hearts
That bring our children here
Special are the hearts
That hold our children dear
For these are special children
Who rest within these walls
The Doctors and the Nurses
Special are they all
For Christopher and others
This fight for life goes on
That is why I pause
To sit and write this down
I pray for all who enter
This special place of need
For all within are blessed
In these hours of need

I wrote that when my son was on the table during his first open heart surgery. That was 15 years ago.
We look forward to seeing you back on the boards in a couple of weeks blebs, no excuses accepted.

Your in our thoughts
Chris & Splash

Last edited:
Ross,

That's a good example of what you bring here. It's your turn for us to try to return the caring you show to everyone. Sorry...but you just are well liked here..such a deal!!! You deserve it, my friend.

Zip *~*

Back