The Official New Surgery Date Is Here!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Alright gang, here we go AGAIN.
Maybe this time it will go off without a hitch?

July 22, 2002

My oldest sons birthday and my deceased mothers birthday. :eek:

Ross,
I'm happy to hear you have a date set. The waiting is no fun, but I hope you can find some fun things to do while you're in the "holding pattern." As my surgery date approached, it seemed strange to me that I got calmer rather than more anxious...the idea of having the "big event" over and done with was pretty appealing. Do try to keep yourself well while you wait with plenty of rest and as much exercise as you can be comfortable with. What hospital will you be having your surgery at?

Hang in there, and feel free to send me a private message if you like.

Best,
--John

Hello Ross,

Glad to see that the uncertainty has finally come to an end and you can think in more definite terms again. Hope your nasty infection is clearing up.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery!

'AL'

My voice isn't exactly normal yet. I tend to lose it at the end of the day, but my lungs are clear, so on with the project we go. Besides having a almost 0% energy level and being tired all the time, I don't feel all that bad. The heat in Ohio is taking a toll. 90 and rising today. I got the Air Conditioner in the house, now to get it in the window and get it going. Maybe tomorrow morning I can get these boys out of bed before it gets too hot?

Here is the info for the hospital for all those who wanted it and no longer have it.

http://www.aultman.org/

Aultman Hospital
2600 Sixth St. SW
Canton, Ohio 44710
(330)452-9911
Patient Information (330) 452-9911

Here is a link to Dr. Novoa, who is a Cleveland Clinic transplant to Aultman. It's not real informative and he seems to stay very low key and low profiled.

http://www.aultman.org/Physicians/physiciansdetails.asp?key=8331

John, if I can stay awake later this evening a spell, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks to all of you again and again.

Last edited:
Hey Ross,

Three weeks and counting?? It seems like some folks hit the big bump before they even see it, while the rest of us have LONG hikes up the hill! I hope that all goes well on this try!

Anyway, you're pencilled in my calendar again. Hang in there, don't stress, try to enjoy each day as best as you can, and don't let the coming surgery darken your days!! You can deal with it later, when it comes, and hopefully it won't be half as bad as you might be imagining. Okay??!! :)

prayers,
JEnnie

Hi Ross,

My surgery was on my deceased brothers birthday and the week of my 24th wedding anniversary...so I take your date as a sign of important days, and in your case, as in mine, will bring a positive outcome! We'll be counting down with you and sending prayers enmasse!!

Zipper *~*

Ross - Good to hear your surgery date is set. Keep yourself busy and the day will be here and gone. Look forward to things you will be doing after surgery.

Finally!

Finally!

OK, Ross, looks like the countdown has been reset, and all systems are go!

Did you unpack from last time or had you packed yet? ;)

Hi Ross

Great to hear that you've got a date. Hope there are no hitches this time. Great weather you're getting in Ohio. We've got the opposite here in Scotland. It's supposed to be Summer but it's been raining for the past month. It's supposed to get better in August. Here's hoping.

Best wishes.

Ross,

This is great news. You get to be all fixed up. By the way the 22 of July is my daughter's birthday. She is very blessed and very lucky so I am sure that particular date has wonderful qualities associated with it

You know, of course, that we are all pulling for you. You deserve the best and you will get the best.

While I have only known you a short time I feel a real kin-ship since we are somewhat in the same boat. You have been through a whole lot more than most but you are a true champion and Ross; champions win.

Walter

L I B!!!! Finally got you pushed over that bump! Now it's onward and forward toward the mountain. Should be clear sailing from now til 7/22 and great after that - I have the hosp info in my 'savers' file and will be sending you an e and checking as much as they will tell. Hang in as it's not going to be as long as it has been. We've all been sweatin this one, Ross, just to get you moving again. Will be supporting you as much as we can - just ask if you need anything. God bless

hi ross!
glad you have a date set (this can only mean that they think you're well enough to do the surgery, no?).
you'll see, the day will come in no time and before you know it, the whole thing will be behind you and you will be on your way to recovery. you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
stay well in the meantime, rest up, be strong_eat well.
all the best, sylvia

Great news, Ross!

Great news, Ross!

By the looks of things you've been through more than most of us already! People that aren't in this position wouldn't understand that just getting a surgery date is such a relief! It's not that I ever looked forward to having the surgery, but I was afraid of what might happen if I waited too long, and for some reason it just makes it a lot easier to focus when you have an exact date in mind.

I myself had a surgery date cancelled in April, I was supposed to go in for a hysterectomy, but went to see the cardiologist to get "cleared" for it- well that didn't happen- you know the "rest of the story". And I think I'll call tomorrow to set up my next surgery, even though it probably won't be until Sept. , because it will help me to prepare for it.

Good luck and God Bless Ross, keep yuorself healthy, okay? Jean

P.S. we had 97* today here in MN, but we're supposed to cool off tomorrow, only a high of 88* expected, yippee:rolleyes: ! I'll try to send the "cooler" weather in you direction, okay?:D

Jennie, not to sound down or anything, but hitting bumps before getting to the big one, has been my life story. lol

Zipper, I don't know if dates have anything to do with it, but it is coincidental that the first date fell the week of our anniversary and this date falls on the week of 3 birthdays (My oldest son, My youngest son, and moms) anyway, from what I understand, Dr. Novoa will be gone the entire month of August, so it's pretty important that they get me in before he leaves.

Bill, it's hard to stay busy when you knocked yourself out for the first date. Actually, it makes this a little easier, as far as things that need to be done.

Johnny, I have a secret, I don't pack! If I do, I forget something. It happens every-time. lol

Peachy, the weather here has been something unusual. It was so cold that I was using the furnace right up until the 2nd week of June, then wham, hot hot hot and very little rain. When it does rain here, it doesn't want to stop. Like right now, it's so hot that I can't sleep. 76F and 97% humidity. YUCK! Feels like 80+ and sticky.

Walter, This is what scares me the most. Being through so much before. I expect to have some set backs after surgery. If my lungs don't start bleeding and I don't get pneumonia, it will be a first. I know what I'm walking into, I don't know what the outcome will be. I was teasing one of the nurses that took care of me before in MICU. I asked her if they still had my mailbox at the nurses station. For a while there, it looked as though I were moving in for residency. Only God knows how this is going to turn out.

Hensylee, I've been climbing this mountain for a long time. I must have picked up some defective gear since I seem to keep sliding back down the face of it. Were gettin there. I still read you email from God letter everyday, so don't think that I don't.

Sylvia, Yes, they think I'm as well as I'll get. Voice doesn't count as a means to call off surgery. Lungs are clear, blood seems to be o.k., so here we go.

Weekycat, Do any of us look forward to going to the hospital for anything? I know I don't. I've been there way too many times in the past. Nancy's husband Joe is about the only one that has me beat. But he and I are special people, we have aliens and you guys don't. hehe
We certainly can't depend on the weather forecasters can we. They've been wrong far more then they've been right. I do hope it cools down or at least get this humidity level down. Rain would be nice to clear the air some. Yeah, send some coolness this way, we can use it.

Hi Ross..can't sleep ???? Me too...still up....Yikes..need to 'chill', huh? !!!!

Zip

Hey Ross-

Aliens RULE! They just don't want to go away. Maybe you'll get rid of yours, but Joe will still have his. One of the nurses suggested that he entertain his grandchildren with it. LOL

See, you won't be able to do that!:p

I don't know Nancy, I think this will be temporary at best. It's fun to have it in a sense. People sure do give you some strange looks. Dr. Meyerhoeffer, the alien doc, doesn't think anything he does is going to stop it's return. He really hates trying to fix me. He said that my tissues are so bad that he doesn't have anything to sew or anchor things to. He got so frustrated with the inguinal hernia that he sent me to see his teacher at the Cleveland Clinic and have him repair it laporoscopically (sp?). It's holding up just fine now. Watch, I bet he'll do the same thing if this returns again.

This Alien thing?

This Alien thing?

O.K. I give up, Ross..what is this Alien thing you keep talking about???:confused: Bonnie

Weekycat,
Geez, another surgery? Sorry to hear about that, but hysterectomies are much better now than even just a few years ago.

Did you mention in an earlier post that Dr. Northrup was your surgeon for your valve? He was also my son Clay's surgeon for his aortic valve repair last December, and we liked him quite a bit.

I hope that you can enjoy the rest of the summer in spite of this upcoming additional surgery.

Big hugs,
--John

Back