The Earth Moved last Night, Literally!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManEmu

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Last night there was a 5.2 magnitude earthquake centred about 100 kilometres (60miles) East of Melbourne.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb000ajek.php#details

Living in a geologically stable part of the world this is only the second I have experienced in Melbourne, the previous being about 30 years ago.
Did any of the other Australian members feel it; I believe it was felt 300+ Kilometres away.

Hope you are safe- Only earthquake I was in was in West Texas - The guadalupe mountains - The wind were so high when I was driving I did not notice. How cool to be sitting area the campfire drinking a few beers and have the ground move!

Hey there ... my daughter and I definitely felt it in Cheltenham! It was very scary ... Sophie, who's 10, was in tears, wondering when it was going to stop. Initially I thought it was giant possums on the roof ... but then the windows rattled and I realised it was a tremor. Frightening stuff!
I'm very relieved nobody was injured.

Latest posts

Back