The Choice??????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that yes, this man may

I agree that yes, this man may

have lived 90 years on this planet (which as we all know those years went by in a flash) and probably lived a very happy life, but the tone of his writing is VERY sad, because to him, it is all over with, he is not anticipating seeing his wife again, talking only of the past....very sad.

Of course, he did not "end" - he saw his wife again and found out that this life is not all there is. (MY belief) :)

Christina L

kingpeta said:
Randy,

I see you had aortic repair 10/13. I had mine replaced 10/10/05. Now you're heading back to surgery? Forgive me if you've posted about it but what is wrong? It seems like I see a lot of members going back for repeat surgery after repair but no so many needing a second surgery after replacement. Is it just me? Anyway, best of luck to you. Where are you going to have it done?

My valve repair failed, possibly due to endocarditis or possibly because it should have never been attempted in the first place with my specific valve physiology. That remains to be determined after my surgeon opens me up next week.

Aortic valve repair is not nearly as well established and successful as mitral valve repair EXCEPT when the valve is being compromised by an aneurysm. Those valves are much more amenable to a good repair. Mine was a regurgitant tricuspid valve.

Randy

Chalmers Roberts sounds like a man who was content with the idea of reaching the end of a completely fulfilling life and not at all interested in compromising the quality of his remaining life, which was to be relatively short no matter what his choice regarding surgery. One way or another, I believe he is at peace.

Christina- believe in your beliefs!

Christina- believe in your beliefs!

Well then- he is in for the "Surprise of his life"!
Maybe, he was in hurry to find that out, but "parting is such sweet sorrow"

Christina L said:
Of course, he did not "end" - he saw his wife again and found out that this life is not all there is. (MY belief) :)

Christina L

Maybe,he was deeply depressed and figured no more!!! I believe he was in a depressed mood since his wife died.I'm about half his age and know depression can weigh heavily on your well-being.I'm sure there are many of us on this forum that have wondered at times if "enough is enough."Without signs of depression,I'm sure we all want to fight to the end,no matter our age.

we had a wife come in to VR some time back - her husband didn't want surgery, refused to talk about it. There was discussion here and he finally let us know himself that he wasn't doing it so forgeddabout it - We never heard.....

Back