Thank You

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BicuspidBuddy

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Thank you. All of you.

To not mention people specifically, risks a bland, generic post. Specifically mentioning people, risks leaving out all of you whom I have been inspired by, moved by, and whom I have obtained valuable knowledge from. However, I have chosen to be specific, knowing that if I had the time, the posting space and the energy, I would have included you all.

Thank you valvereplacement.org forum. What an amazing platform where both knowledge and support is offered. I am so, so, so grateful for your existence.

Thank you Chuck C. Your posts were the segue way for my hubby to read the forum. He was too scared to read anything on this forum when I joined in 2012. “Chuck’s the man”, became a common phrase for him and eventually led him to becoming a forum member.

Thank you LondonAndy. You are too funny. I could always count on reading your posts to not take this very serious subject matter not seriously at all. Laughter always lightened my perspective.

Thank you SuperMan. We all should be all as chill as you and the world would be a more peaceful place. Your nonchalant attitude of “no big deal” regarding this “scary” subject matter was a soothing balm.

Thank you vitdoc and gkeraney. Being medical doctors in other fields, I really appreciated your perspectives from a clinical vantage point, both of you, knowing the medical system really well.

Thank you PaleoWoman, Gail, carolinemc, and all of the other strong, powerful women on this forum. Wow. Wow. Wow. You have done this on your own or on your own terms with the kind of strength I could only dream of.

Thank you fellow Canadians PeterII and Lynn. Chatting with you in direct messaging was extremely beneficial.

Thank you Survived03. In paraphrasing your line, hubby and I went into surgery repeating this: “We are (peaceful) warriors and going to kick some ass”.

Thank you Timmay. Your post on the thread “First Surgery Coming Up, and Afraid”, blew hubby and I away. We read it 3 weeks before hubby’s SAVR. It anchored everything for us.

Thank you Pellicle. Your selfless desire to help and support fellow travellers on this heart valve journey even after you experienced the personal loss of your beloved, is beyond inspiring. I know that hubby will be looking to you and others as he navigates the next part of his life.

Thank you Dick. You bring class and understanding to this forum. You are a true gentleman.

There are so many more people to thank, and you are all in my heart.

I leave this forum with feeling a sense of accomplishment. It took me 11 years to get hubby on to this forum. It took me 22 years (with the help of this forum) to help hubby see that surgery was not a very good “never for me” option. My hope and prayer is that in the future, hubby will pay forward everything we have received from this forum. My work is done here.

I wish you all the best and wonderful quality lives. With deep love, sincerity and gratitude.

Kathy

Wishing you and your husband the very best of luck with his procedure and recovery!

Please keep us posted on how things go with his surgery and his recovery. Looking forward to seeing you both on the other side. :)

Latest posts

Back