Thank you for your help

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleysandguitars

To my fellow members -

I am 41, had AV and Root Replacement on 3/30/09, and found this community shortly thereafter. Haven't posted a lot, but have read and learned so much here.

Prior to my surgical episode, I was already registered to ride the Michigan Wish-A-Mile (Make-A-Wish) 300 bicycle tour in July (3 days, 100 miles per day). I wrote the event off as I was initially recovering, but a few weeks later had a "well, not so fast" moment. Long story short, the information and inspiration from this forum was instrumental in helping me give it a try, without feeling too at-risk.

So, 116 days post op, I was able to complete my first century ride on a bicycle. The rest of the event was gravy.

Thank you for all of the sharing that goes on here.

Mark Hurst

That is an amazing thing... it's always nice to hear of those who get back "out there" so quickly, good for you. Must have been quite an experience (and good cause).

That's fabulous. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.
Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Mark:

That's fantastic!
I have a friend who does bike rides on Saturdays with her husband, sometimes up to 40-50 miles. I can't imagine doing 100 miles -- and at not quite 4 months post-op.
Way to go!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back