TAVI post hospital recovery time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don6170

Due to complications from radiation for Hodgkin's, my surgeon is leaning toward TAVI for me vs full AVR. He did not have a feel for post-hospital recovery time before I could return to work, as most of his TAVI patients are older and already retired. I would appreciate input from anyone that had TAVI on how long it was before you could return to work (or could have if you were not retired). Thanks.

Due to complications from radiation for Hodgkin's, my surgeon is leaning toward TAVI for me vs full AVR. He did not have a feel for post-hospital recovery time before I could return to work, as most of his TAVI patients are older and already retired. I would appreciate input from anyone that had TAVI on how long it was before you could return to work (or could have if you were not retired). Thanks.

Hi,

Although I didn't personally have TAVI, my aunt did over a year ago. She is doing quite well today. :)
The hospital kept her a total of 7 days for a few reasons... i.e. because she also had a few stents placed because of coronary artery disease, was fragile, had other health issues, was in her 80's and lived out of town.

Hope this helps and all the best if you and your surgeon decide to go that route.

Back