Taro warfarin question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Boy. I did mention I was due for a refill and it looks like the same thing has happened to me Dick. .

Freddie, perhaps Taro has shifted manufacturing process or production facility and their drug, , while still within tolerance, will require readjustment. I am too old to like changes so I have switched bact to Barr Lab in mid July. My last two INRs. 7/25 and 8/8, went back to 3.4 and 3.5.....in my comfort range, and I have been able to reduce my dosage back to 35mg/wk from 40/wk on Taro. I think it is worth noting that once you establish a brand/dosage that usually keeps you in range, it probably is best to stay with that brand to eliminate an unessassary variable.

This may be a reason that many of us have our own meters. A change in generic providers can sometimes necessitate testing for non-equivalence of dosages. Being able to tell, within a week or so, if there are major changes in INR certainly makes switching generic providers less risky.

Good morning Dick
I've been away from the board for awhile and just saw your post about Taro warfarin.
Last year my INR`s were all over the place--it was absolutely horrible, dose response test results made no sense. I remember a reading of 2.4 on a Monday morning and increasing my dose by 1 mil for 1 day resulting in a test on Thursday of 9.0 followed by a lab test at 8.0.
Within 2 weeks of brand name Coumadin my levels were back to normal. Dose change results again made sense. Taro had been the generic of choice for years so I can`t explain what happened. My manager said the Coumadin and Taro differ at the molecular level.
I hope all is well for you.
Sandra

Well...it's happened to me (again)

Two years ago, I was APO-Warfarin for almost 3 years, then my INR started to swing around for no reason and got on a roller-coaster ride and delovelpe a rash. What a nightmare that was.

After finding out that this manufacturer was shut down due to cross contamination I started taking TARO- Warfarin.

Well guess what? The rash has reappeared in the same spot as before and my INR is all over the place and I have been testing weekly just to keep an eye on it. Today's INR result is 2.1 when last week it was 3.0 yikes.

Not worry gang, I'll be increasing my dosage 10% and see the doc next Wednesday and retest on Thursday.

Now if there was only something I could eat that would raise my INR. Don't have to tell you how I feel about being so low.
(range is 2.5 - 3.5)

Latest posts

Back