symbicort/asthma issues?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinityheart8891

hey guys,

been having some issues with my asthma lately, short of breath, tight chest, cough, full blown allergy season here and its driving me nuts, I think my sinuses are putting my lungs into a tizzy

I called my MD this evening and asked her to switch me to symbicort, its like advair, but different, has anyone here used it/have experience with it (Ironically enough says the respiratory therapist) I gotta do something cause I'm using my inhaler way to freaking much right now, and I dont really want to go on oral steroids just yet. . . any advice?

Yes

Yes

SYMBICORT ~ YES ~
I use Symbicort. Once am and once pm. I think it's great.

You have to rinse your mouth (with water) after each use or you'll get thrush, a yeast infection of the mouth. Easy to cure with a special rinse or a pill.
I've had it twice (no big deal) but it's worth it. The one problem is you feel so good you forget to take a rescue inhaler with you for those just in case happenings. Built right into your inhaler is a counter that goes up to 120
so you always know when to reorder.

Good luck and breath easy.
Jack

thanks jack

my doc thought it was a very good idea, so far I have only taken one dose, but no adverse effects like heart rate issues that I was sorta concerned about, so life is good

woo hoo!
quick update

I've been on symbicort for about a week today, went up to 2 puffs twice a day 2 days a go, and holy crap I feel awesome! today was the first day that I have really only used my xopenex once a day, its been multiple times a day till now, this stuff is awesome! (ok, maybe the antibiotics I started for sinus infection/bronchitis had something to do with it, but still!)

I know with the advair, it took about 3 to 4 weeks before I really noticed a big difference. I had been using Albuterol inhaler about 4 times a day. Now maybe once a week.

Latest posts

Back