Survey: when did you receive your valve/repair?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survey: when did you receive your valve/repair?

• Total voters
March 25, 2002..I could see all the names before I voted. but once I voted..cannot see the members names again?.Ross?....Bonnie

First replacement was 8/7/2000 with a Sultzer Carbomedics. 2nd replacement was 8/18/2000 with a St. Jude's 19mm.
Happy to be alive.:D :D

2 timer

2 timer

My first one was 03-02-1982 with Starr-Edwards Aortic, the second time around was 02-06-2001, St. Judes Aortic and Mitral both. I've had this tick tock longer than i did not have it, should be getting used to it by now!

Granbonny said:
I could see all the names before I voted. but once I voted..cannot see the members names again?.Ross?....Bonnie

If you go up to the poll and click on the number of votes in any one of the categories, it drills down into the poll details and you can see who voted for what. Hope that's what you were looking for.

On March 8, 2001 Valluvan Jeevanandam, Chief, Section of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery at The University of Chicago, replaced my Mitral and Aortic valves, with St. Jude Mechanical Aortic Valve 19mm and a St. Jude Mitral Valve 27mm. It's fun being a double clicker!:D

My mom got her mitral valve oinker put in April 11, 2005. Got a bivent pacer put in November, 2006. Had to get oinker due to a very bad rheumatic fever case when she was 12. She is 67 now-woohoo!!:) Deb

May 10, 2005
Aortic valve replacement/root enlargement
Cleveland Clinic, Bruce Lytle MD
Carbomedics Top Hat

I had my valve repair 18 months ago in June '06--will get my echo results soon for my 2nd annual test!

August 17, 2004. I had been totally sedated 17 days when I was wheeled into the O.R. for a Mitral Valve replacement -- St. Judes. Fun only because I didn't have any pre-op jitters. More fun because now I lead a normal, healthy life.

re:Survey: When did you receive your valve/repair?

re:Survey: When did you receive your valve/repair?

Hello, this is my first post here. I am so glad to have found everyone here. I had my surgery December 07, 2006 for Aortic Valve Replacement with a St. Jude. I have had a heart murmur all of my life, and last August was the first time that I went to see a cardiologists just for a checkup/look-over, and got the news that I needed it right away because I had severe stenosis(?) which was very narrow. Surgery was postponed twice(long story) but the third time was the charm.

Carla
AVR St. Jude valve 12/07/06
Dr. Robert Hebeler, Baylor Hospital Dallas

Survey

Survey

I received my valve in May,2005 and a second surgery to fix the first replacement in January, 2006.

Was told I had a heart murmur back in 4th grade (age 10 or so) during routine elementry school physical. Doc said aaaa, you'll grow out of it. Out of sight, out of mind. 35+ years later, surprise mitral valve replacement with St Jude 33mm. Weak and enlarged heart was the result. Coming up on 1 year anniversary Jan 30. I am sure some testing will follow to see how everything is going. Other than that, routine cardio/doc visits show I am doing "ok". I thought I would be better than just 'ok"......Gary

life begins

life begins

June 24th, 2005. St. Jude mechanical valve. Showing gratitude on a daily basis!;)

Latest posts

Back