Surgery Tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleR

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Tomorrow’s the big day, getting my bovine valve replaced with a new mechanical valve and (likely) mechanical conduit. I appreciate all of the responses and helpful information along the way. Dick was gracious enough to meet me for coffee several weeks back since we are in the same city and he let me pick his brain about his 56 years with the same mechanical valve. I’m hoping I’ll get anywhere close to that kind of longevity with my new valve. Ready to get this over with and begin the road to recovery. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow’s the big day, getting my bovine valve replaced with a new mechanical valve and (likely) mechanical conduit. I appreciate all of the responses and helpful information along the way. Dick was gracious enough to meet me for coffee several weeks back since we are in the same city and he let me pick his brain about his 56 years with the same mechanical valve. I’m hoping I’ll get anywhere close to that kind of longevity with my new valve. Ready to get this over with and begin the road to recovery. Wish me luck!
As the Thespians say "break a leg"

see you on the other side ... and soon it'll be like Italian Driving

Touch base when you get around to it when you get out!

🤞 for an uneventful procedure.

Kyle, I am sure you will do well. I think you and your surgeon made a smart choice given your age. Be sure to let us know how it went.

I just noticed that your post was dated yesterday so I'm sure you are out of surgery by now and enjoying a nap by now.

Last edited:
One year on June 27th for me Good luck mate from the UK go smash it!!!

I hope you fly through the procedure and have a fast recovery. Best wishes!

Good luck, Kyle!

Surgery was a success and so far so good in recovery. I will post more as I get some energy back. Thank you for all the well wishes!!
Great news!! Which valve did you get? Make sure you get a "temporary" ID card from the hospital and you should receive a permanent card from the valve manufacturer in a few weeks. It may come in handy if something unforeseen happens.

Latest posts

Back