Surgery scheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

For the past month and a half, I have been having a diagnostic workup for breast cancer. Biopsy has revealed a malignancy which showed up in my annual mammogram.

I will be scheduled for a lumpectomy on Monday the 7th and radiation and chemo to follow. So I'll be in "read only" mode on the boards for a while.

Next few days will be extremely busy to get things squared away prior to surgery.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will bring all of your strength with me into surgery. Couldn't ask for better role models.

I'll let you know how things go.

Nancy,
Of course you'll be in all our thoughts...The best to you...

Dear Nancy:

Oh, gosh, Nancy. I had noticed that you were not posting as much as usual (I've not posted at all, but keep on reading), and initially thought that Joe was having some issues, as usually that's when you are more quiet. I am so sorry that it is you that is having this problem. I am confident that you have done the research, and know how very successful breast cancer treatments are today. You will be first in my prayers over the coming weeks. You've been such a friend, such a support to me, and to others on the board. A tower of strength truly. May God Bless you as you travel your personal mountain. - With much love, Marybeth

Hi Nancy,
I hope everything turns out OK for you.
You and Joe are in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care

Nancy,
This is very distressing news for all of us. I know you have the intelligence, determination and inner resources to meet this challenge, I'm just saddened that you have another fight ahead of you after all you and Joe have been through. I've only been here a few months but I know you have a long history of encouraging others and we're certainly ready to do the same for you and Joe. Please keep us posted along the way. You have my heartfelt support.
Sue

I was hoping you'd say something. I kept my mouth shut, as promised, and at this particular moment, I feel that we need to be focusing some of our prayer energies on you! You have no idea how much your loved here. ;)

Nancy,
I can only echo what everyone else is saying. I hope you can feel the same measure of support from me as I felt from you with my very first post.
Mary

Nancy,
I was totally shocked to see this thread today. I am so very sorry to hear you have to go through this. You and Joe are such special people. You have had to go through so much. My prayers are definately with you. Early diagnosis with these things is so very important.

Take Care!
We Love You!
Gail

Hi Nancy

Of course you will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Actually, I'm sorry anyone has to deal with breast cancer. You will be fine, I'm sure---you have too many people who care about you not to!!!

We're here for you just like you've always been here for us. I had noticed you hadn't been posting much lately, but then neither have I...somehow life gets in the way and we go back to the business at hand. Your news was a reality check for me....I wish only the absolute best for you.

Evelyn

nancy

nancy

I will keep you in my prayers. Hope the daughter's will be able to come up and help out...Take care, Bonnie

Hi Nancy

I am very sorry to hear this. Good Luck to you and Joe. Our prayers are with you. Please let us know how you are doing when you get a chance.

Regds
Sree

You are in my prayers,

You are in my prayers,

I was very sorry to see your post since you and Joe have gone through so much. My Mom always says that God does not give you more than you can handle, but sometimes I really wonder.

To our Nancy...

To our Nancy...

Oh Nancy,
I'm so sorry to read you have but another challenge ahead of you. You have 'won' many medical battles for your Joe and now it's time for you to win the big one for yourself. I have no doubt that you will get through this with flying colors as you are not one to 'give in and give up' as your signature line states.

As others have said, you've continuously been a rock to so many newbies and oldies here offering unending support and information. Now it's our turn -- prayers are with you as you join other girlfriends on this forum as a cancer survivor! God bless you..

[edited to add: My younger sister is a breast cancer survivor of 16 years due to the key of early detection. And you've also got that magic key to unlock many, many years of good health in the years to come.]

Hi Nancy. You can count on prayers from this end. I truly am sad after reading your post. Your such a big part of the whole VR family. One thing is certain, you will continue to be for many years to come, because we won't have it any other way! Just take care of yourself. You have been Joe's strength and rock, now it is time for you to allow him to be yours. Try to keep positive Nancy. Your outlook will be so much a part of the outcome. Know that your very loved on this site. :)

Mark

Hi Nancy,

This is not what I expected upon opening this thread!

You will be in our prayers for a successful outcome.

Food for thought.......there are 2 women that I work out with at the gym. One is a 10 year survivor.....the other a 19 years. Both had a complete mysectomy.

Keep the faith Nancy. We will be praying for you.

Take care.

Dear Nancy,
Although relatively new to this board, I have read many of your posts with all your sound wisdom. We wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery and an easy time with the radiation and chemo. I know many women who are 10 and 12 year "survivors" - I know you will do well and be back posting before long. Best wishes to you both.

Nancy,
I hope you can feel this cyber hug. ((Nancy)). Take care and keep us posted.

Mindy

Warmest thoughts coming your way

Warmest thoughts coming your way

Nancy,

I am praying for you, and will also put in a prayer request at my church for this Sunday. I hope that your treatment and recovery will be as comfortable as possible. You have such an amazing spirit within you, filled with strength, stamina, and courage. God knows how important you are to this community. He won't let you leave us for very long! Get well soon!

Anita

Latest posts

Back