Surgery scheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BECKY

Hello to you all again,

I saw my sugeon yesterday. I was scheduled for surgery August 20th. I will be admitted on sunday the 18th, have a catherization on 19th, and then the surgery. The Dr. explained he saw enough on the echo to know I needed surgery. He recommended I have it now. He said the pressures across my mechnical aortic valve were seriously high. He will replace that mechanical with a ST. Jude. He will replace the tricuspid valve at the same time and the mitral (which is also mechanical) he will look at it and decide. If it looks like it is working okay he won't do anything. He said this is a huge surgery as it is and it will be a long surgery so he will see how things are when he gets in there. This is moving must faster than I expected. I guess that is good because I won't have much time to dwell on it. I want to take the time to thank you all for all the caring help and advise everyone offered me on this site. It has been helpful and comforting also. This truly is a wonderful place to be and I just can't thank you all enough.
I pray that Ross continues to improve, and Amy's husband as well. these are the types of things we are all facing when we have this type of surgery we all just hope things go smoothly but sometimes we have to face things and we do, and we get by it.
Thanks again,
I'll be checking in later.
BECKY

Dear Becky:

I just came on line, and saw your post, although I was going to e-mail you after leaving this site. It sounds like your ducks are almost all in order, with the surgeon scheduling this so quickly. The 20th is my husbands birthday, so I can assure you I won't forget the date. You will be in my constant prayers for the next number of weeks. I am so sorry this has happened to you. We all think that it will just be done onece, and then be over with. Sometimes that just isn't the way it works. But, It sounds like you've got a great surgeon, on top of things. Please try to work it out so someone can post to us while you are away from the computer. It helps us SO much to know whats happening.

Godspeed.

Marybeth

Wow Becky! That sure does sound like a huge surgery! Keep us posted, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers! May you have an uneventful surgery and recovery!

HI BECKY.....I WILL DEFINITELY ADD YOU TO MY PRAYER AND GOOD BLESSINGS LIST.....LET'S SEE, ROSS, ALAN, WALTER ON THE 15TH AND YOU ON THE 20TH.....THE WAY I SEE IT, IT'S THE LEAST I CAN DO FOR ALL MY FRIENDS ON THIS LIST. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN A WONDERFUL SOURCE OF SUPPORT AND INSPIRATION FOR US WHE TYCE HAD HIS AVR.......AND IT FEELS REALLY GREAT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE BACK TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO MIGHT NEED OR WANT OUR PRAYERS.

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND. BOTH TYCE AND I WILL BE PRAYING AND THINKING OF YOU.

EVELYN

Hi Becky-

Sorry you have to have surgery again. But we'll all be here for you until the time comes, and afterward too. It's good that it'll happen soon, so you won't have to dwell on it for too long.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Becky,

You will be five days behind me. I go in on the 15th of Aug. I'll make you a deal -- You pray for me and I'll pray for you. With that and the support of our friends on this site we will make it.

Walter

Hey Becky and Walter

Hey Becky and Walter

I'll be praying for both of you ...good luck and best wishes to you both for a superbly done op and a great recovery ...keep in touch
Scottie

Questions?

Questions?

Hi Becky..Have I missed your recent posts..Just saw where you were wishing everyone else good luck..Let's not forget about our youngest, Nicole, having her wires removed on the 15th and of course Walter,,15th and you the 20th.....DO post often in the next 10 days..where you will be (hospital)....We are here for you....:D Just have that feeling that Ross is sliding down the other side of mountain right now:D Bonnie

Wishing everyone the best

Wishing everyone the best

I've noticed that August has been a busy month and there are many prayers going out to all. I just want to add my positive thoughts and sincere prayers. Thanks Bonnie for remembering little old me, Although I've climbed the mountain and this seems like nothing I'm still a bit nervous. But to Becky and Walter, You two will also be in my prayers, Just think we'll all be eating yucky hospital food pretty soon. I'll be in for 4 days but I'll be thinking of you all and as always of Ross also, Who has been an absolute inspiration to us all and has touched many of our hearts. All the best...Take care and God Bless!

hi all!
just wanted to add that you will all be in my thoughts and prayers as well.
wishing you all the best and an easy time. keep posting and if you can, have someone let us know how you are after the
surgeries.
God bless you all.
-sylvia

You'll have updates from Lincoln

You'll have updates from Lincoln

Hello all,

I'm one of Walter's daughters and I can assure you I'll keep everyone updated as to his operation on the 15th and subsequent recovery. This site and all of your support and prayers means so much to him and to all our family. The least I can do is keep you informed :)

Thank you,
Pamela

HI PAM

HI PAM

WELCOME ABOARD, PAM....SO GLAD WE'LL HAVE SOMEONE TO POST TO LET US KNOW HOW WALTER IS DOING....HE'S DEFINITELY IN OUR PRAYERS.

JUST SO YOU KNOW THERE'S HOPE, MY HUSBAND, TYCE IS 6 WEEKS POST OP AND JUST ABOUT BACK TO NORMAL. THIS MORNING AT 5:15 WE WERE ON THE BEACH WALKING WITH 2 OF OUR 4 DOGS, ABOUT 3 MILES TOTAL.....THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY! HE HASN'T HAD NAPS FOR AWHILE, CAN DRIVE, AND EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE CAN'T LIFT ANYTHING OVER 10# AND A LOOOOONG SCAR, YOU'D NEVER KNOW HE HAD SURGERY. HE'S REALLY DONE WELL AND WE'RE ALL VERY PROUD OF HIM.

I'M SURE YOUR DAD WILL DO JUST AS WELL. REMEMBER TO BUG HIM ABOUT USING THAT SPIROMETER AND WALKING WALKING WALKING ASAP.

TAKE CARE, AND WE PRAY YOU ONLY HAVE GOOD NEWS TO REPORT.

EVELYN

Hi,

Becky and Walter, you will both be in my thoughts and prayers this month.

Wishing you both successful sugeries and full and healthy recoveries.

Rob

Becky - I'll be gone most of next week to LA and wanted to make sure I wished you all the best of luck regarding the surgery. You are one of the more complex cases, but they know that and will be prepared. Keep busy this week and it will come and go and you will be better after the surgery.

Walter that is a DEAL!! I will pray for you for sure and you can pray for me. I'm sure you will be fine, and with all the support we can receive from this site alone is a great comfort.
I am having my surgery at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. My husband is Gary, and he will post as soon as he can. He will be getting a room in Phila and will be there a few days. The travel is so bad to the hospital with traffic and all he is staying in the city.

Many Many thanks to everyone here for all the prayers and support. Best to Walter and Nicole! We will meet here again when it is all over.

Take Care,
BECKY

Last edited:
EAST COAST REUNION

EAST COAST REUNION

HI BECKY....I JUST REALIZED YOU ARE ON THE EAST COAST TOO....WE DEFINITELY WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE WHEN WE GET TOGETHER IN THE FALL.....MY HUSBAND, YOU, ALAN, NICOLE'S WIRES, AND ALL THIS YEAR, TOO!!!! WOW, WHAT A PARTY WE SHOULD HAVE.

EVELYN

PS. WHERE IS LIMERICK PA, ANYWAY. WE HAVE FRIENDS NEAR YORK, AND ALSO GO TO HARRISBURG EVERY SPRING FOR THE DOG SHOW. ALSO HAVE FRIENDS IN OXFORD.

Becky, glad to hear your surgery is scheduled and yes, it's a blessing not to think about it too long. I had 6 months to think about it, search for surgeon, do insurance appeal, etc. Not good!!!

Walter, looks like you have a loving daughter in Pam to post for you.

Nicole, I'm really interested to hear how the wire removal goes.

We all continue to pray for Ross.

Sympathy to you all about the hospital food. Although Cleveland Clinic is #1 in heart surgery and #4 in the nation for hospitals overall, the food was horrible! I had to keep sending my husband down to the hospital cafeteria to find something I could eat.

As said above, August feels like a busy month here, but we can handle it. We're really good at prayers. What would any of us have done without this site!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back