Surgery scheduled for Sept. 19

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschroed

I have come from the surgeon (liked him!) who is doing my mitral valve on this Friday. He says repair is a good possibility, but I told him I want to go biologic valve on plan B. He uses bovine-based valve, so I could get a little cow in my heart!

You guys have been so helpful in helping me to figure all of this out.

I will be back to report on the surgery after I get home and near a computer.

Kay

Kay, I added you to the calendar. I will start a best wishes thread for you tomorrow so we can cheer you over the mountain.

Good Luck on your surgery. I have a bovine aortic valve and it is just ticking away like it should. :D

Do they really tick, or is that just an expression? I thought "no noise" was one of the advantages of a tissue valve.

Kay, here's wishing you flying colors!

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery! Stay tough & focused --- the whole ordeal will be all over soon & you will be able to go on with your life better than before! :)

Hi Kay

Best of luck with everything, I look forward to reading about your progress.

Do they really tick, or is that just an expression? I thought "no noise" was one of the advantages of a tissue valve.

Kay, here's wishing you flying colors!

Lisa,
At first (like the first few days) I would swear that I could hear the valve ticking, but that stopped after a while. Trust me if had continued my cardio and I would have been having some serious discussions.

Hi Kay ~ My thoughts are prayers are with you for a successful surgery. Hope you have a quick, uncomplicated recovery. Before you know it, you'll be back home :eek:)). Best wishes, Dawn-Marie

Kay, thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear you are still there, but hope whatever issues you have had are on the mend and you are home soon. Check in when you can!

Back