Surgery postponed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat J

Was supposed to have AVR tomorrow but got a call at 2 p that it is postponed till Friday
I'm drained
Just venting

It is so upsetting when that happens but it is not unusual.
Most of the time it is because someone more ill than you presented at the hospital and needs emergency surgery. I was that emergency my first OHS and I was very grateful to be taken to surgery. I didn't know enough at the time to realize I had 'bumped' someone who had been scheduled for that time slot/that surgeon at Mass General Hospital.

My second surgery, I worried I'd be the one bumped.
If it makes you feel any better, the person who took your slot today is likely very grateful to you.
It's such a let down when you have counted down the days and gotten into the frame of mind and then called off. Things happen for a reason and today was not meant to be your day for the best possible surgery for you. Friday is your day and you'll do great.
We'll be thinking of you.
All best wishes.
Please let us know you're doing great when you are able.

So, sorry to hear of the postponement. I know how anxiety provoking this can be. A number of members have had this happen (including myself). I figured that someone else must have needed the OR more than me. :)
Hang in there...before you know it, the surgery will be behind you. Try and do some nice things for yourself over the next few days.

I feel your pain. My surgery was supposed to be tomorrow, the 14th, but 2 years ago. I got a call 3 days before, canceling it for 2 weeks. The time will pass. Good luck, you'll be fine

I feel your pain....my surgery is scheduled for 3/18/2013. I designed my victory t-shirt to wear home from the hospital. It has my surgical date on it.
I hope my date goes as planned. It would mean my first day back to church would be Easter Sunday....that will be awesome and very meaningful to me!
Things happen for reasons......hang in there...plenty of support on VR.ORG!

Latest posts

Back