Surgery on Wednesday!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faye

Well...the time is coming quickly. I met with my surgeon earlier this week and he was wonderful. He spent the better part of 3 hours talking with my husband and me. He explained everything - pros, cons, risks, anticipated recovery - EVERYTHING! My husband restores antique automobiles for a hobby and he thought the surgeon reminded him of an auto-mechanice. :p Hmmm...I wonder if he can give me a turbo charged valve? :D

The next day we went to the hospital for labwork and patient/caregiver classes. I met with the anesthesiologist, nursing staff, cardiac rehab staff and the cardiology patient coordinator. It really helped me to go step by step through what my time in the hospital will be like.

My surgery is scheduled for first thing Wednesday morning. I've decided to go with a tissue valve - not sure if I'll be oinking or mooing yet. I received good news that my aortic root looks ok but they will have to repair an ascending aortic anuerysm.

I'm feeling pretty good about things today - and the nervous energy is sure helping me get things done! I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck tomorrow but plan to fill the day with things to distract my mind.

I want all of you to know that you are a tremendous support group. I have had many questions answered, many concerns addressed, and much hope given by reading your current and past posts. THANK YOU !!

I hope a week from today that I'll be sending a post telling you that I'm on the other side of the mountain!

In the meantime - go out and make it a great day !!!

Wow, that is short notice, Faye! I will put you on the calendar for Wed. and start a send-off thread for you as well.
My husband restores antique automobiles for a hobby and he thought the surgeon reminded him of an auto-mechanice. Hmmm...I wonder if he can give me a turbo charged valve?
Funny, when my husband, I and the children watched a video of valve replacement prior to his surgery we all thought it looked very mechanical- much like a good mechanic working on a car engine!

Latest posts

Back