Surgery on Monday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patsman07

So Im finally heading for surgery on Monday,July 7th. I hope to get the Ross procedure in the Mater hospital Dublin. Would have been very nervous if it wasn't for this excellent site and all the reassuring threads I have read here. Thanks to you people Im not overly concerned about the surgery.

I am however worried that I have left it too late, my regurgitating aortic valve has resulted in my left ventricle measuring 7.4cm on my last echo on April 1st. From what I have read the heart should return to a normal size so long as my ejection fraction is good. It was on my last echo but I have many more symptoms since April.

Hopefully everything will work out, thanks to everyone on the site for all your posts: information is power!

Good luck Patsman07. I will be thinking about you between now and July 7. Everything will be fine. You are being supported by all of us here I know.

(P.S. just got back from Dublin a month ago. Very nice city.)

Best of luck. I am sure your heart will reduce to normal size after operation. Mine went from 7.1 cm to 5.4 cm without surgery that too on moderate leakage. With fully functional valve i don't see a reason why it won't come down. Be sure to do aerobic exercise regularly when you are back to normal, it can make a lot of difference.

Monday will be a great day for you! Hope you can stay relaxed. I will be eight weeks post op on that day (yee haw!). Time has passed so quickly. It won't be long before you will be looking back at this date, and offering your wisdom and support to someone who needs it!

Here's to your rapid recovery. Let us know how you are doing.

Best of luck, not that you'll need it because I'm sure you'll do fine!

Just make sure you ask questions of the medical staff if you have any concerns! Can't wait to hear your story.

Latest posts

Back