Surgery Jan. 8th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gary47

Going in for surgery Jan. 8th-at the University of Mich--trauma induced aortic aneurysm---the doctor hopes to do a valve sparing operation-I huess he does a modification of the "David" technique--I am really uptight--but I got todo what I got to do--so many brave people on this site-----

Hi Gary-

Want to wish you the best surgical result and uneventful post surgery. You've come this far, time to go the full mile and start feeling much, much better.

We'll all be waiting to hear how things went

Gary:

Read the thread started this weekend by Getzfixed in the "post surgery" forum. I found everyone's responses comforting on the fear issue.

Certainly none of us feel very brave from this side of the surgery. But we will all learn courage because there is no choice but to go through it and do what we have to do. I remember reading somewhere that courage is simply "controlled
fear. "

All the best to you. We will hold you in our thoughts and prayers on Tuesday.

Our Prayers Are With You

Our Prayers Are With You

Gary:

My husband just went thru a valve replacement and repair of the mitral on January 3rd. He is a "walking miracle". He has made unbelievable progress and will be coming home tomorrow (Monday). The doctors, nurses and staff are shaking their heads in disbelief at his speedy recovery.

But enough about him-- we will both be praying for you and your family. This site has been a God-send to Eddie and I both. You will feel so welcomed here. It is a great "family" to connect with.

Best Wishes!

hi gary!
the day is just about here...the worst part (the waiting) is almost over. before you know it, you'll be waking up and it will all be behind you.
please let us know how you're doing and how it all went. you will be in our thoughts and prayers..
be well and God bless,
sylvia

Hey, Gary - I posted somewhere in here early this morning. Hope you saw it. You are in my thoughts and prayers and by this time tomorrow you will be over the top and on the way to right again. In the meantime, the minutes are ticking by and we know what you are going through - we traveled that long afternoon 'before the real day'. Believe me. Ain't nobody can do it for you, but you sure have lots of hands hanging on to yours to help you along. Think of us and the long thread of support we represent and it may help a bit. Tomorrow or soon, we expect to hear all is well and you are doing wonderful. Godspeed

BTW, you will have another member for company, tho a ways off from you, and that's little Michael, the baby. Soon as we hear about him, we will post to you and maybe someone will tell you how he is.

Gary,

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. You will be in my prayers.

Gary and Little Michael

Gary and Little Michael

Praying for you both here ...let us know how you are doing Gary ...Take care
Scottie

Surgery

Surgery

Back home everyone surgery was a success!!! Thanks for everyones prayers!!!!!! :)

Gary:

We are very glad to hear that you are back home and that everything went well.

I am sure you are feeling a great deal of relief to have it over and we are always relieved to hear that you are okay.

Dear Gary - was it only six days ago? And here you are back at home again and all repaired. Wish you well in recovering quickly. Please keep in touch and when you feel up to it bring us up to date on your hosp stay. God bless

Gary,
Glad everything went well. Tell us about you're experience when you can, it looks like in a few weeks I'll be facing the mountain.

Hensylee,
I'm in Valrico, near Tampa. Are you in the panhandle area?
Frank

Gary, I think I messed up the last time I tried to reply anyway, I'm glad everything went well. Looks like in a few weeks I also may be facing the mountain. God Bless

Henyslee, I'm closer to Tampa. Are you located near the panhandle?
Frank

Gary,
I'm glad it went well. tell us how it went when you can. Looks like I'll soon be facing the mountain myself.

Henyslee,
I'm actually near Tampa, where in the panhandle are you located?
Frank

Frank

Frank

I actually live in Livonia Mich. but I a have sister that lives in St. Marks Florida--everything went great like everybody says waiting was th worst part---any questions that anybody has I would be glad to answer-my surgeon was Michael Deeb out of the University of Mich. and he was great.

Latest posts

Back