Surgery coming up soon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky401

I am scheduled to have surgery on June 16th at the Hospital of University of PA in Philadelphia. I have a bicuspid aortic valve that has severe stenosis, an ascending aneurysm that is 4.4 that will either be repaired or replaced depending on what they see when they open me up, moderate to severe mitral valve regurgitation and severe tricuspid regurgitation. The surgeon said he will replace my aortic valve (I elected to have a tissue valve), repair or replace the bad part of my aorta and repair the mitral valve. He said he hopes that when he makes those repairs the tricuspid valve may be ok. But if he has to repair that then there will be a good chance of my needing a pace maker. Has anyone had their tricuspid valve repaired and did they need a pacemaker? I'm pretty nervous about all the work I will need but greatful they can fix everything. Also has anyone had their aorta repaired instead of replaced and will a repair last a life time? I really don't want to be opened up and have the aorta repaired and then in two years or so have the aneurysm get big and have to have surgery again.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble - it helps to talk about it.

Thanks again.

Put you on the calendar. I'm sure many will be along to answer your questions.

So sorry to hear all that you need to have done. Wish I could help you with statistics about probability of a repair lasting but I am not able to do that. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along to help.

I just wanted to send you good wishes and say sorry for the reason you are here but glad you found us.

Welcome...
I had my Aorta, root and valve replaced in a Bentall's operation where you get a one-piece replacement part...seemed the easiest and most logical solution to my problem. I wasnt concerned about tissue or mechanical valves or any other options...

I'm sure we have some members who have had their Aortas repaired as opposed to replaced, hopefully they will see your post.

Hi, you sure have a lot to deal with, wanted to send you my best wishes. Sorry i can't be of any help. We have just found out my son as tricuspid regurgitation and i'am praying that it will fix its self, when he has surgery on his mitral valve but i won't find out untill wednesday. Sending prayers your way.

Back