Surgeons letter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your messages, yes some of them has made me upset been truthful there, i have worked for 26 years with kids with challenging behaviours, these kids dont just answer and argue with you they physically attack you, throw furniture at you and lots more, i loved my job always have, i know that i cannot do this job 100% which doesnt just put me in danger but other members of staff and the child itself. The school has to write risk assessments and method statements on any staff with medical problems, the school has told me itself that they cannot write these for me, which i do understand. The education can offer me redeployment this wont be in a school, it will be some job in the offices answering a phone this isnt me, i spent 3 years at college doing my nursery nursing etc, and i feel that office work isnt me, i know what people are saying, i dont class my self as disabled and dont sit here feeling sorry for myself, i have worked for 26 years paid into my pension all that time, and if i get early retirment all im getting is whats mine. I havent had any money rom my job or the state for over a year, as my hubby works, and i can tell you how hard its been, my car which was my life had to go back because i couldnt afford payments. While i do understand that there are people out there that do us heart conditons and many other condition to claim benfits im not one of them.I have had many problems post op like many people, i am needing further surgery as my sterum hasnt fusued together in part, all i asked was about what the sugeon had wrote and if anybody had any advice, not for slagging off about disability, im glad that most people make a full recovery, but as it been pointed out we arnt all the same.
JANE

Jane, Bryan seems to have put lots of words in my mouth that I never intended. Frankly, he pissed me off, but when I tried to explain, he continued to fuel the fire, so I am done with him. My first post responded to your initial post, and I specifically said that you should find a job that isn't too hard on you and that it depends on you. If with your retirement, you can afford to stay home, and that is what you want to do, then great. Frankly, I'm not the type to stay home. I would end up being depressed and weighing 500 pounds. :D

I also realize that people other than the original poster read these threads. I want to make sure that people know that most people can and will go back to work, some at very stressful jobs. There are an unfortunate few that can't do that.

I am hoping that your doctor was exaggerating a bit to try to ensure that you get early retirement. If what he said is accurate, I believe that he owes you an explanation and an apology for not being up front with you about your condition.

I have been forced into :mad: retirement. I went from working 65-70 hr. work weeks to sitting around naming :confused: walls. It drives me crazy most of the time. Even though it been 7 years I still get pissed :eek: about it.

My doctors do not think they can do anything for me except a heart transplant.

I wish you well when you visit you your surgon, and do not leave without finding out exactly what it is you want to know. I hate it when they generalize answers & do not stand for it. I think, and hope they respect me better for my principals. Good Luck & God Bless

Latest posts

Back