Sunday 8/4

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

I went in today around 5pm. Dad's temperature was exactly 98.6, and all pressures were good. His oxygen level has stayed at 90% for a couple days, but today it went up to 91%. His rash is still present, and it appears to go all the way around his body. If we can only get rid of the rash, and get the oxygen level up...hopefully today was the start of the best healing.

Steve

Steve,

I have been watching posts daily and I am so glad
to hear Ross is finally turning a corner! It must be a
terrible thing for you to go through to and I hope you
know there are lots of people rooting for all of you!
Hang in there!
Thanks so much for posting!
Karen

Hi Steve, I sent Ross a card that was meant for all of you. If you get a card from Silverdale, WA, that's me. I sort of sent it on behalf of everyone here at Valvereplacement.comI hope it gets there alright, I wasn't sure how to address it. Well, I am glad to hear that Ross is getting better! YAY! I've been watching the threads to see how Ross is doing!

GREAT STEVE!!

The fact that his oxygen level is up is the very best news.

When Joe was in the hospital during his bleedout after gallbladder surgery, he had a rash all over his back. He couldn't move about for several days and was basically stuck in one position. It was diagnosed as an allergic reaction from the detergent used in the hospital laundry. Everyone said it happens a lot. Just an idea. Maybe it's not the same for Ross, but you never know.

Steve:

It's so good to hear a message so full of hope.

It feels like the wind has changed and the positive direction is going to continue.

Take a breath and relax for a moment.

Hi Steve,

I'm glad to hear Ross had a good day today. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better! It's been quite a rough two weeks, I hope the worst is over. Thanks for posting. Hang in there.

prayers,
Jennie

Hi Steve and all....Thank you for such good news....remember the adage, "One day at a time." Good thoughts and prayers will continue for your Dad.

Evelyn

Nancy's comment about the detergent used to wash the sheets caught my attention. Skin sensitivity to chemicals is becoming a more recognized problem. I once broke out after a sponge bath with one of those "no rinse" soaps. Whenever I check into the hospital now, I always wipe down the mattress with a clean wet washcloth to take off whatever it is they spray on them after each patient is released. I then cover the bed with those square cotton pads they have for 'accidents'.

I'm pulling for Ross every day. The fact that he is still 'ticking' testifies that he is a fighter. Tell him to keep on hanging on.

We all appreciate your keeping us posted Steve.

Best wishes to your family,

'AL'

Steve:

Great News, great post. Thank God, the winds blow in his favor!

Go Ross!

Marybeth

thanks steve!
we really appreciate you keeping us posted about your dad's condition.
i'm so glad to see that even though progress is slow, it's there_ every little bit counts!!
wishing you all the best and please keep us up to date.
ross is in our thoughts and prayers. be well, sylvia

Great news! Thanks for the update.

We'll keep the prayers coming and you keep the news coming, and Ross will be back online here before you know it.

Thanks.

Steve,
I had serious lung problems after surgery, and the oxygenation levels were watched closely. Getting over 90 percent is a big milestone, as is the temperature improvement.

Another comment on the rash...hospital beds usually have a sheet right on top of a plastic/rubber-type mattress cover. This does help with keeping thing hygenic, but long-term it is terrible for the skin. I was in for just eight days, but towards the end I started itching and getting a rash too.

Sounds like Ross is turning the corner here! I hope you and your family are able to get some rest.

Best wishes,
--John

Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve

Steve,

It's so great to get this good news about Ross. I really want to thank you and commend you for the regular updates. I know it's not always easy to add one more thing to do in times like these. You've been doing a tremendous job. I also hope you know that if you need a break from it for a while that is your choice and as much as we'd all like to hear every possible update, we also know you need to take care of yourself and your family. So thanks for everything and the good news is really wonderful.

Thanks again Steve

Thanks again Steve

for keeping us all in the picture ..so glad to hear that Ross is making a small but significant improvement ...this is the news we having all been praying to hear ...again good thoughts and prayers and with you all and Ross ...
Scottie

Latest posts

Back