Sugery Tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mah84

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello,

My Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning starting at 6 AM in India (Wednesday Nite 7:30 EST). Just a quick background about my condition, I am 31 and asymptotic and was diagnosed with Severe Mitral Valve Stenosis, Moderate Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Moderate Aortic Valve Stenosis after my physician heard a heart murmur and subsequent 2D Echo

Surgery will be Aortic Valve Replacement and Mitral Valve Repair or Replacement. My Surgeon said will try to repair atleast 85-90 % of Mitral Valve and probably leave it at an acceptable level of Leakage. (Mild Level). I got admitted to hospital today and feeling confident that everything goes well. Surgery duration will be about 6 hours. I hope i can withstand all that trauma during the surgery and come out with flying colors :). This forum has helped me a lot since i was diagnosed.

I have asked for ON-X Valve but the surgeons are open for both On-x and St. Jude's depending on the size of the annlus of Aortic Valve.

I hope everything goes well and hope the surgeons can repair 100%.

I will say HELLO from other side may be in 2 or 3 days.

Regards,
Mahesh

Hey there

best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Also, don't be worried either way about the valves they put in. Both are good valves. Actually I'd lean towards the St Judes because they have such a long track record of success.

Don't be too concerned about warfarin, its not hard to manage.

:)

It's a bit scary of course, but you'll do fine. Keep your positive attitude and remember that the healing process takes time. Sending good thoughts your way.

Latest posts

Back