Study into near-death experiences

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can't say that I saw any signs up on the top shelves in the OR, but I definately had an experience of some sort. No, no bright lights, No meeting Jesus, in fact the first parts were very unsettling and scary. From there, it went into a timeless round of dreams, most of which I do not care to experience ever again.

I believe there is something beyond, but I highly doubt that it will ever be scientifically proven. It just doesn't work like that.

Well I can't say that I saw any signs up on the top shelves in the OR, but I definately had an experience of some sort. No, no bright lights, No meeting Jesus, in fact the first parts were very unsettling and scary. From there, it went into a timeless round of dreams, most of which I do not care to experience ever again.

I believe there is something beyond, but I highly doubt that it will ever be scientifically proven. It just doesn't work like that.

Was it like some kind of psychedelic music video?

I thought this study was creepy at first but when I gave it some though, it makes sense. Why not?

No Aaron, it was the most God awful feeling a person could have. Time was meaningless or nonexistent. I was very bigoted and racially biased, guess where I ended up?

I was very bigoted and racially biased, guess where I ended up?

A southern USA prison?
FIREdevil.gif

Lets put it this way, I got to feel what they feel when it's one in a crowd of others. Comments such as, "Lets see how long the white boy lasts" and so on......That was only one of a mirad of events that I went through.

I would be interested to hear the stories of those who have faced death while alone, not medicated, and out in nature. In hospital there are always meds and too many distractions.

No Aaron, it was the most God awful feeling a person could have. Time was meaningless or nonexistent. I was very bigoted and racially biased, guess where I ended up?

Lets put it this way, I got to feel what they feel when it's one in a crowd of others. Comments such as, "Lets see how long the white boy lasts" and so on......That was only one of a mirad of events that I went through.

That sounds like Tartarus, the lowest level of the underworld in Greek Mythology that's also a deity. It's said that Tartarus personalizes hell. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus

Well it's made me a more understanding and I think, a better person overall because of it. People can think what they want of what I'm saying, but for me, it was very very much real and much too long in endurance.

I would be interested to hear the stories of those who have faced death while alone, not medicated, and out in nature. In hospital there are always meds and too many distractions.

There are many, many stories to read, from people of all ages and from different countries. I wish I could point you to a specific book or journal, but I don't actually have any on my shelves. At least now in the age of the Internet you will have a faster search!

Ross, you are not alone in having a moment of epiphany during major illness. It sounds as though yours was more vivid than most.

*nods*

Indeed...definitely more vivid than most.

Sometimes, being in a "dark hour" shows you the greatest "light"....

Or something like that....

Glad you survived that experience, Ross!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Does your conscience bother you?" ... Lynyrd Skynyrd ... 'Sweet Home Alabama'

That's only one story of many mini adventures that went on. The whole thing was quite creepy. I remember Dr. McCarthy actually coming up to my room and asking what all I remembered and I was so afraid he'd think I dropped my crayons that I told him that I just had ICU nightmares.

Back