Stretch's surgery on Monday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Phyllis

You and Noni must be off to NY this weekend and we want to wish you both the most successful of surgeries on Monday and an uneventful recovery. You've prepared so well, Stretch that I just know everything is going to go well and we are going to enjoy seeing the photos- especially the one of you in Bob's shirt. Hang in there, Noni- you will have Stretch back better than ever before you know it!:D

Best wishes for the surgery, and a speedy recovery.

After your discharge from the hospital, I hope you and Noni, and the shirt :D , have a great time in NYC but remember to take it easy. I look forward to an update.

Wishing you a very successful Ross. Looking forward to the infamous shirt!

Stretch - I will be praying for you. You have done so much for us in the "waiting room". Can't wait to hear the success story and see pictures. Good Luck and Godspeed!!

Good luck Stretch. Before you know it this will all be behind you and you'll be fixed and well on the road to recovery. Anxious to hear how it all went.

Stretch, we wish you all the best with your surgery. I remember waiting at the hospital on baited breath during my brother's two valve replacement surgeries. We know how it feels for family members, so we'll pray for your wife and other loved ones as well. Look forward to hearing about your successful surgery!

Wise & Cindy

Stretch:

Stretch:

I suppose you are on your way to New York. I am sure, and continue to pray, that all will go well. I expect you will be one of those guys who will bounce back right away. Take it easy-my only real worry is that you might try too much too soon.

Stretch. You'll do great. I agree with Dennis....don't overdo it!!!

I'll be thinking of you and waiting for Noni's update on Monday!

Godspeed!

Marguerite

Best of luck Stretch, I will be thinking of you on Monday. Prayers and well wishes for a smooth surgery and easy recovery.

Steph

Stretch,

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a succesful surgery and easy recovery. You deserve all the best!

All the best to Noni, too!

Peace!
Susie

Stretch, just wanted to let you know that you and Noni will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know your surgery will be a success, and we look forward to getting updates. LINDA

Stretch,
We'll look for you on the other side of this.
God bless and Godspeed
Mary

Stretch, I will be praying for you on Monday - Can't wait to see all the photos especially of the now famous "shirt". Will be watching for the update from Noni to let us know how everything went - Godspeed!!! Jeanne

Stretch, wishing you the best, you will do just fine. We all are lookng forward to seeing you in the famous shirt.

Jay

Prayers and best wishes!!

Prayers and best wishes!!

Stretch,
All the best to you and Noni. Can't wait to read that post-surgery post and see the photos.
Noni - I imagine this is very difficult for you as well - will remember you in prayers. Take care and good luck!

Thanks So Much, Everyone

Thanks So Much, Everyone

We arrived in NYC Thursday night. 45 minute flight from Richmond, 25 minute wait on the LaGuardia tarmac for a gate.

We're staying in Gilman Hall, an apartment builiding for residents/interns, etc. It's just across the street from the hospital and the entrance from the ICU, so it will be very convenient for Noni next week. It might be a bit spare for me after discharge (the temperature is a bit hard to regulate, there's no remote on the bedroom tee-vee, no internet, and it's quite noisy) so we will likely move to a nice hotel downtown at that time.

Was poked and prodded today. Made as many photos as possible. The people at Beth Israel seem to be very wonderful. Found that Chad has been approved to make photographs before, during, and after my surgery. I think Dr. Stelzer pretty much gets what he wants at the hospital. He did say it would be impossible for me to take home my old valve, due to the formaldehyde it goes in being poison. He said that Chad will be able to get some photos of it before it's disposed of, however.

Ross procedure is the first choice, with a Medtronics stentless porcine valve as a backup. Stelzer's looking toward an echo for me on Thursday and discharge, hopefully, on Friday.

Several times during the day I was asked how I heard of Dr. Stelzer, or the Ross Procedure, and if I was nervous. Each time, I mentioned this site and the members who make it possible. I feel very at ease going in, and think I pretty much know what to expect afterwards, thanks to all of you. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I can't imagine walking this path without you.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I imagine I'll get another update or two in before Monday morning. We were told to show up at 5:30a to beat the Monday morning rush.

Peace-

Well Stretch, you sound cool,calm and ready to go!! Awesome! Enjoy this weekend and remind your wife to keep us posted!Praying for a healthy future!

Latest posts

Back