Strap free water resistant monitor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heart2.0

Hello ! Has any one tried one?
A MIO brand? I like the idea of no strap
My ribs are still stupid swollen and sore at @ 5 months out
(So even a bra band is not pleasent)
It can get wet ? And I could swim again ??
Yay!
Id love any strap free suggestions thank you.

I have a Sportline Duo watch which can take heart rate by touching it or optionally via a strap. I'm not sure that it was able to capture my heart rate when it was wet and it didn't work right for a couple days after I went swimming with it. Since then I've worn it into the hot tub a couple times by mistake and it was fine. I've concluded it's probably ok to get it wet but it isn't really suited for swimming, though I like it for pretty much everything else. I've reverted to taking my pulse on my neck in between laps when swimming.

At five months out you shouldn't have any restrictions for physical activity?? How about work to RPE (rate of perceived exertion) - if you can put up with the HR strap for a couple of swims you'll figure out what your RPE is for a given heart rate and then you can ditch the HR strap. I don't wear mine very often now.

Hello thanks for you replies!
I bought the polar with a cloth strap. I am very slow to recover and I am so frustrated by it. It seems a lifel
Of physical activity does not equate to quick recovery. I am still in cardio rehab and have a prescribed
Heart rate target. I really didn't understand it at first. But it seems at the slow rate I am going swimming is
A long way off. Even a Zumba class is too much after 15 minutes. I was given a list with categories of exercise
The things I used to do are in the 5-7 and 7-9 "mets" range. I am very sadly at the 2-3 range. I can't get over
Thinking what am I doing wrong? But everyone says "nothing!" just be patient. (Ha crying doesn't really help.)
Being so limited makes me feel quite upset. I just wear out and that's that. In fact if I push it , I get a day of
Laying down and an actual sore heart. :/ I don't understand why I can't recover quicker. Oh well
Most people think it is super cheering to remind me I couldn't walk or speak above a whisper in January .
(Not really so cheery, thanks though.) I have a tissue aortic valve and an ascending arch repair and no
Other illness. I have been reminded if my scar and ribs are still sore, so is my heart ( and wow indigestion is a b**ch)
I sure wish I could find some other face to face AVR people. My current cardio rehab is very frail elderly
People and not a friendly atmosphere for questions. I really have to push to get any information from
The RNs. And they mostly talk around.."I don't know". Knowledge and a touch of cheer leading
Would really help me . I am not so good as my own cheer team.

Latest posts

Back