strange pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GUN

6 weeks post AVR and bypass. recently, once in awhile, i get a sharp pain, lasting only a second or so, in the left side of the chest. it does not feel anything like classic "chest pain" associated with the heart, but it is from that general area. anyone experience something like this?

Would you consider it like a "twinge"? If so, it's probably nerve endings that are trying to heal and it does only last a couple of seconds.
That could last the next couple of weeks.

If you are concerned get it checked out.

I got quite bad pains on the left side, hurt breathing on that side too, which were actually radiating from the sternal area - I think it was to do with the sternum healing. Have you started to do more ? The sternum takes ages to heal, I mean several motnhs before it's fully healed. If I do a lot of weight lifting I still get pain there but now I know it's just the area takes a while to heal. If you are worried you should get it checked out.

I don't know what "classic chest pain" feels like, but for a few months after surgery I would occasionally get a squeezing sensation for about one beat of my heart. It was very brief, but to me it seemed like how a heart attack would feel if the sensation continued. It was scary and I talked to my doctor about it, but he wasn't concerned. Over time it became less frequent (from maybe a couple times a day to every few days) and now, almost 5 months post-op, I can't remember when it happened last.

Back