Sternum clicking?!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryG

Hi everyone! Just a quick question, has anyone or has anyone heard of someone post op 1 year 8 months still having sternum clicking and some pain on occasion from the rib area:eek: This place is the best!

After nearly 4 1/2 years my husband still has clicking and some loud popping. But, he says he has no pain when it does it. It does pop loud enough for me to hear it sometimes.

I am not far from 6 years post op and my sternum will make noises loud enough to get everyone's attention around a large conference table.
Rarely pain, mostly just noise.

Ben

a little over 6 mos, and mine pops now and then....glad to know it happens.:D

Still click at almost 3 years post op. No pain w/ mine ... just the click, pop or what ever you call it. I get a chuckle out of it when it happens at work. The guys around me starting freaking out. "You okay!?" Can just about do it every time I have a big yawn and stretch.

Me being the sick little fella I am, I'll ham it up with a few of them and tell them I think I just broke it in half. They tell me it's like when you hear the story about a guy falling off the bicycle seat and hitting that bar that runs from front to back in they're happy place. (ouch ... just squeezed my legs together!)

Being serious, if you have pain with your pop, I'd probably call the doc and run it past them.

Serious,
What are you doing to make it pop? In a sick way, it sounds like fun. I wish I could open my mouth so they could hear the clicking from the valve too!

I Pop - Therefore I Live!

I Pop - Therefore I Live!

I sometimes feel a popping sensation. But there is never anything audible. It's a small price to pay for being alive.

I would definitely ask your Doctor about the pain aspect though.

Back