Stentless Aortic Root Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

twoboysdad

Hello everyone,

I just found a great site that shows a video of the Stentless Aortic Value root replacement.

This is what i will be having done on October 15th. I had seen videos on other types of valves but this is the first one I have seen for the procedure and valve i will be having done.

Does anyone know where I can find a video that follows an actuall patient? I would like to have something for Michelle (my wife) to see to prepare her for what I will look like right after surgery.

Here is the link for the video I mentioned: http://www.or-live.com/wfubmc/1155/

Only 8 Days and Counting!!!! I can see the mountain from here!!!

Jeff

Jeff
Thanks for the link, viewing it right now -- quite informative.
Burair

That was very cool! The only thing that bothered me a little was the comment at the beginning that the valve was chosen over a mechanical valve to accomodate his active lifestyle which involved competitive tennis 4 x's a week. If they had said it was chosen to accomodate his motocross competition 4 x's a week, that would make more sense. :) Just don't want a 35 year old to think that they can't get a mechanical valve if they want to play tennis, or ride a bike, or rollerblade etc.

And I must say, I'm still so amazed that any of this is possible. There are obviously people much smarter than myself out there. :eek:

Jeff -- Thanks!

Jeff -- Thanks!

Jeff,

Those are great resources you found! I watched all of them tonight. All those tubes in that one video gave me the creeps but it is strangely reassuring to have seen them. No surprises. And there's not that fear of the unknown so much now. I'm just a month or so behind you on surgery so I'm watching you closely! Know that I am praying for you and your precious family as your big day quickly approaches. I can't wait to hear your good news post-op!

God bless you,

Kay

Thanks Kay,

I will keep posting right up to the day I go in. My wife, Michelle, is an active member here too. Be assured she will be posting any and all updates from day one! In fact she was saying she hopes there is an internet station at the hospital!!! Got to love her!!

I have been watching your threads too and praying for you as everyone here is. Isnt this a WONDERFUL resorce we found?!

Thanks to all!

I am at the Foothills of the mountain and I can hear all your voices on the other side saying; "come on Jeff you can do it! You are almost there!" (7 days and counting)

Jeff

Good Morning Jeff!

Yes, this is a wonderful resource. I praise God for it every time I log on to it because of the incredible uplifting support I receive. And I pray for every brave soul in this forum as he or she triumphs over such enormous challenges. I can't even imagine facing my surgery now without this fabulous support group.

Now I'm spending most of my time in this valve selection area. Before vr.com I thought I had one decision to make -- mechanical or tissue. Now I discover there's a whole lot more to it than that. Good grief it's complicated!!! Again, this board is a wealth of information.

Tell Michelle that there's a good possibility there will be a cybercafe near the surgery waiting room. Two of my sisters had major surgery in two different hospitals in the past couple of months. (Yes, we're all falling apart!) Both hospitals had really nice computer areas right off the surgery waiting rooms that were available 24/7. Plus, on the hospitals' websites there was the ability to email their patients. Everyday the volunteers would bring stacks of email printed out to the rooms. It was really neat. So have Michelle check that out immediately so she can keep us posted! I hope your hospital has computers available too because it is a great distraction and emotional outlet for Michelle during those tense waiting room hours.

Know that I'm counting with you and eagerly waiting for Michelle's post that you're on the right side of that mountain.

God bless you, Michelle, and those two precious boys.

Kay

Latest posts

Back