Sore bump after diangostic cardiac catheter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaconne

Last week I had a cardiac cath procedure done to see if my coronary arteries needed any work along with my upcoming AVR surgery. Luckily my arteries were clear, I recovered quickly and felt good for 3-4 days after.

The last 2-3 days, however, I have developed a sore bump under the skin where the puncture was made into my Femoral Artery. It seems to be getting more sore each day. There is no redness on the skin and no bleeding of any kind. The bump is only about the size of an olive cut in half and doesn't seem to be growing. I talked to my cardio today and he said to call him if it persists more than two more weeks.

Has anyone here had similar trouble with a cath? What was the outcome?

Hi I had one smaller and only sore to touch after an angiogram. Nurse called two weeks after and i told her she said see nearest doc as it could be anything from infection to clot so i did GP looked and proded gave it the clear and now three months out its gone

hope it helps

Ruby

I had a pseudoaneurysm after my cath. I had pain in the area and it was actually a little difficult to walk. I waited for my follow up thinking the pain was normal. They had to do an echo on the area, and I was sent to the ER immediately. I was seen by a vascular surgeon, who gave me a thrombin injection in the area. I was told if the injection did not work they would have to perform surgery to correct it. Luckily everything worked out, and I have not had any problems since. My cardio told me that this can happen in about 1% of cardio caths, because it is a blind stick when they go in. If I was you, I would get in to see the cardio that did the procedure and have him/her check the area. Its better to be safe then sorry.

Nick

Hey, I would fall back on the best advise I have seen on this forum "When in doubt, check it out" with a doctor of course. Better to be safe than sorry, I have had two angio's and both times I never had any problems like that. Good Luck and hope the bump isn't anything to cause problems.

Thanks all, for your replies and advice. It's great to have such a large group of people to talk to who are going through so many of the same things I am.

This morning it feels a little more irritated, but It is not sore unless I touch it and it doesn't stick out of the skin at all. I seem to be able to perform without much hindrance at this point. I will probably monitor it over the weekend and call on Monday if it doesn't improve.

God bless
-Steve

Latest posts

Back