Some news...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma

Hi all, Firstly apologies again for being absent, just such a lot going on here that my mind is frazzled. I do check in on you all every couple of days though and read up and send my thoughts over to anyone needing them.

So our latest news. After loosing Callum at 24 weeks in October last year, we are pregnant again! I'm just over 12 weeks now but it's not all been plain sailing here (although what is in my life?!)...

So it was my 12 week nuchal scan today but little raisin decided to keep us on our toes, as usual for one of mine!

At lunchtime I started bleeding again (already had a bleed and early scan at 6 weeks). I immediately panicked like mad, heartrate was going loopy and I just phoned Jason to come and get me.

Luckily the scan was today anyway so I rang the clinic and midwife and they just told me to come straight in. Was meant to be at 3.30 but I couldn't wait that long so they saw me about half one.

As Portsmouth have now started 12 week scans it was in a private clinic so had a brilliant scanning machine and immediately the lady told me baby was there and fine, we saw heartbeat and raisin jumping around without a care in the world. Little whatsit was quite happy while I was there crying my eyes out with relief.

Still a bit worrying though as the reason for the scan was a pool of blood between the sack and the wall where part of it hasn't attached properly. That blood will hopefully just re-absorb itself. It can cause a loss but theres no way of knowing and the woman just said that for now we know its fine and theres still every chance it will go well and I am NOT to google it! I am sooooo tempted but I am resisting cos I know it will only make me worse. I will just take their word that everything still will hopefully be ok and try to relax about it.

Love Emma
xxx

Oh, Emma!
I'm so happy for you! What lovely news to read! I know this pregnancy is bound to be stressful, but I hope you will share with us, and let us bear some of the load.! You know that I can worry with the best of them!!!:eek:

And now for some good news of my own . . . our daughter just found out this week that they will have a baby! They have tried for several years, and were resigned to thinking it would never happen. It has been a great week for surprises!

Hugs and kisses,
Mary

Thankyou Ross, Dennis and Mary!
I always feel really bad when I'm absent from here cos I get such lovely support and want to give more back but the frazzled mind lately hasn't really allowed me to do too much other than panic and worry. I am trying hard to overcome the worry and think positively now as thinking any other way won't help at all.

Mary - congratulations to you too!! How exciting. How far along is your daughter???

xxx

Emma said:
Thankyou Ross, Dennis and Mary!
I always feel really bad when I'm absent from here cos I get such lovely support and want to give more back but the frazzled mind lately hasn't really allowed me to do too much other than panic and worry. I am trying hard to overcome the worry and think positively now as thinking any other way won't help at all.

Mary - congratulations to you too!! How exciting. How far along is your daughter???

xxx

Not too far, may six weeks. We'll know more after her doctor's appointment this next Monday.

Emma, great news sending my best wishes for everything to work out well and for your daughter too Mary, you are all in my thoughts all the best.

Such happy news! But yes - like Dennis, I found I was holding my breath too.

Take good care of yourself. Keep thinking good thoughts!

And absolutely NO GOOGLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you Google "hangnail" you'll find out you might be dying - so stay away from Google!

Karlynn said:
And absolutely NO GOOGLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you Google "hangnail" you'll find out you might be dying - so stay away from Google!
Stop lying to her, Frog legs and sautéed rattlesnakes. :D

Wonderful news, Emma. My prayers and best wishes for a successful and happy pregnancy. Please keep us informed.

Oh, Emma!!!

Oh, Emma!!!

Hugs. I'm thrilled for you and so relieved that your little scare was just that - a little scare, although I know you will be anxious for quite a while. Try and relax. Much love. J.

Wonderful news Emma....I have missed hearing from you and Chloe...

stay positive...and like the others have said resisit the temptation of Google.

Hello Emma. So glad to hear of your wonderful news!!!!

Please heed the nurses suggestions to relax. I really think you should try to get beyond the "I will try to relax" and just tell yourself...I AM relaxed and let it be so. So much of anxiety is just in trying to will away the thing which is causing anxiety and so it doubles upon itself. Not healthy for you or little raisin.

Wake up tomorrow morning anxiety free because you envisioned yourself as such the night before. Do not think otherwise...just do not think it. Perhaps choose a lullabye to hum to yourself if you feel even a seed of anxiety creeping in. Let the soft rhythm carry you away from your distressing thoughts.

This is difficult, I know. You have been through a lot for a young woman. But you are stronger than this anxiety and you can perservere over it.

My very best wishes for you success with this wonderful new life inside you!

Marguerite

Emma, I'm so thrilled for you! Keep us up to date on how you're doing. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. THINK POSITIVE! LINDA

Latest posts

Back