So now I own a really comfy powered recliner . . .

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dornole

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
So a couple weeks ago, days before getting the results of the TEE my cardiologist ordered, which freaked me out and made me think "This is it! OHS time!!"

hubs and I were shopping for furniture and we impulsively bought a gigantic powered recliner for me to sleep in post surgery . . . .

and now TEE reveals all is still well . . .

Kind of like bringing an umbrella so it won't rain, no?

I think I'll take many grateful naps in it as I continue my cozy stay in the waiting room.

Hi dorrnole, Being in the waiting room is difficult to not be anxious. Seven months ago after my first TEE, My wife and I also looked and considered getting a power lift recliner. For money reasons we decided to wait. Yesterday we chatted with to "going home" expert (here there is an expert for everything). She said we suggest you sleep in your own bed and you don't need a recliner. Since we still can't afford one, we are going to try recovery without one. I'll let you know how it works. But, since you already have one, you might as well as enjoy it.

It is good to hear that things are still stable, dornole! You know the drill - just go on with life until the next checkpoint, then deal with whatever arises.

The recliner may be necessary during recovery, may not. I used one of ours extensively during recovery, but that was because I had very painful digestive complications for the first month, and wasn't comfortable in a bed. Once the digestive issues were resolved, back into my own bed I happily went.

Hey, a powered recliner is a good thing to have, period :) And I used mine extensively too during the early days of recovery, because the powered versions will hold exactly the position you feel comfortable in. I know that there are different mechanisms, but the manual, sprung loaded versions only have a couple of set positions and can require a fair bit of leg power to return to the upright position I have found. And look on the bright side - you are ready for whenever it IS necessary.

It was a very good deal and it's wicked comfortable and it rocks, which hubs loves . . . so it'll be great chair that also reminds me to be grateful for the many years of health I've had since 2002!

I found a clean, barely used electric-lift recliner at a thrift store on 50% off day. We paid about $150 for it. I used it exclusively the 2 weeks after coming home. I never needed the lift mechanism, but I used it a few times. I appreciated the ability to changed position slightly in the middle of the night when I woke from discomfort. After the two weeks, I returned to my regular recliner and donated the electric one to the local senior center, figured there was someone's granny out there that could really REALLY use the lift feature.

Update to my posts earlier. After spending a very restless night and getting only three hours sleep for the past two nights (one was hospital caused, the other was a lack of a good recliner), I beginning to think dornole made a better decision than I did.

When I built my house, I purchased all the power tools that I could never afford or justify. My wife never questioned that I needed a table saw, radio arm saw or a sawsall. But today, I still have them and they come in very handy. I took advantage of the need then otherwise, I would never could justify buying them.

My wife and I may disagree on the artistic value on our living room with a stuffy recliner in it. But, maybe I should take advantage of the situation and get one. I'll never be able to justify one later after I heal. Sleep deprivation is not good for healing.

Latest posts

Back