SO Excited! Just received home PT monitor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

danseamour

YES! Ladies and Gents.... drum roll please!!

After 2-3 years of trying, first to convince my Cardiologist of the efficacy of the home monitor, and fighting the ol' insurance system with the help of QAS, I just received my brand new PROTIME MICROCOAGULATION SYSTEM!! WOO HOO! Now, I can test at home, no more traveling to labs, and no more bruises from those inexperienced lab personnel.

It was a long time coming, and now I will settle down and read and learn, and test myself.

Just had to share my joy!
Janet :)

danseamour said:
YES! Ladies and Gents.... drum roll please!!

After 2-3 years of trying, first to convince my Cardiologist of the efficacy of the home monitor, and fighting the ol' insurance system with the help of QAS, I just received my brand new PROTIME MICROCOAGULATION SYSTEM!! WOO HOO! Now, I can test at home, no more traveling to labs, and no more bruises from those inexperienced lab personnel.

It was a long time coming, and now I will settle down and read and learn, and test myself.

Just had to share my joy!
Janet :)

fabulous..Two thumbs way, way up.

Everything comes to he who waits.

Cheers

Janet:

I know how you excited you must feel... I got mine the day before Thanksgiving in 2003 and felt like I'd gotten an early Christmas present. I didn't have to fight my PCP (he writes my warfarin scrips) or insurance (at that time UHC paid 100%). My PCP has 2 other warfarin patients who self-test. My PCP allows me to adjust my warfarin dose as needed; I bought Al Lodwick's warfarin book and his dosing chart. Suggest you get at least the dosing chart -- no one should home-test without it!

I keep several boxes of 2X2 gauze pads, alcohol wipes & bandaids with my ProTime 3. I prefer the Kendall Curity gauze pads -- they're 100% cotton as opposed to what Johnson & Johnson is producing now -- but I'm going to have to mail-order them; I've only seen them in hospitals.

You may be a little nervous when you take your machine to your doctor's office (I was!!!), but doing your tests will get much much easier with experience.

Like Ross said, have fun sticking yourself!!!

catwoman said:
I keep several boxes of 2X2 gauze pads, alcohol wipes & bandaids with my ProTime 3.
Why are you all so stinking sterile? A good old oily rag sprinkled with asbestos dust and a dap of gasoline to prep the finger. Works for me! ;) :D

Ross said:
Why are you all so stinking sterile? A good old oily rag sprinkled with asbestos dust and a dap of gasoline to prep the finger. Works for me! ;) :D

I thought all you needed to do was lick the finger you are planning on sticking before and after testing. :eek: :D

Ross said:

Darn, I went and bought a dog to clean my finger for me. $30 of dog food a month and now I find out you can buy alcohol preps!!!!!

You all are just TOOO funny!! :p :) Yah, I though my cat would do a good job too. :D lol

It actually took me 3 times to get it right. :eek: Well, the first curvette apparently was bad and wouldn't read, so I guess that makes only 2 times, but I still poked 3 fingers. :eek: OH!! THAT's why my typing is so slow!!!! heheheh

I will be the very first home tester for my Cardiologist. He doesn't know what to do with me yet. He does use the ProTime monitor in his office now though.

Marsha - thanks for the dosing chart tip. I will check it out.

Janet

Ross said:

Ross:

I had thought of inviting one of my cats to lap up the drops of blood -- probably the black Oriental Shorthair with the fanged teeth and who wears a red cape. :D :D

catwoman said:
Janet:

I know how you excited you must feel... I got mine the day before Thanksgiving in 2003 and felt like I'd gotten an early Christmas present. I didn't have to fight my PCP (he writes my warfarin scrips) or insurance (at that time UHC paid 100%). My PCP has 2 other warfarin patients who self-test. My PCP allows me to adjust my warfarin dose as needed; I bought Al Lodwick's warfarin book and his dosing chart. Suggest you get at least the dosing chart -- no one should home-test without it!

I keep several boxes of 2X2 gauze pads, alcohol wipes & bandaids with my ProTime 3. I prefer the Kendall Curity gauze pads -- they're 100% cotton as opposed to what Johnson & Johnson is producing now -- but I'm going to have to mail-order them; I've only seen them in hospitals.

You may be a little nervous when you take your machine to your doctor's office (I was!!!), but doing your tests will get much much easier with experience.

do you have a medical supply store in your area....you shouldn't have to mail order them if you can get them from the supply stroe...also....where did you get Al Lodwick's Book?...I am interested in buying it...

As clean as coldwater can get them (a joke)

As clean as coldwater can get them (a joke)

The grandson went to grandpas for a few days.

They had bacon and eggs in the morning.

At lunch grandson noticed some spotting on his plate and inquired if the plate was clean.

Grandpa replied they are as clean as cold water can get them.

At supper the grandson noticed the plates were even grungier and again asked if they were clean and grandpa said--I keep telling you they're as clean as coldwater can get them.

Came a knock on the door and the dog ran barking to investigate.

Grandpa said "Cold Water be quiet and come and lay down".

Hee hee hee.

Glad you have your monitor--good luck you'll love it.

Cheers!

lance said:
The grandson went to grandpas for a few days.

They had bacon and eggs in the morning.

At lunch grandson noticed some spotting on his plate and inquired if the plate was clean.

Grandpa replied they are as clean as cold water can get them.

At supper the grandson noticed the plates were even grungier and again asked if they were clean and grandpa said--I keep telling you they're as clean as coldwater can get them.

Came a knock on the door and the dog ran barking to investigate.

Grandpa said "Cold Water be quiet and come and lay down".

Hee hee hee.

Glad you have your monitor--good luck you'll love it.

Cheers!

LOL...I love that.... :D :D :p
thanks for the laugh....

Latest posts

Back