Skip a dose ???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I'm having my tooth extracted tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. I also have an appt in the AM to get my coumadin level checked. Normally I take my coumadin at night so I was thinking I would hold off on tonights dose and see how my INR looks in the AM. My appt is at 7:30 so by 8:00 I will know my number. They say if you miss a dose you can take it in the next 12 hours and basically get right back on track. I was thinking I would hold off until after my dentist appt and take it then which will be like 15 hrs later. Im just trying to have my level as low as possible to help with the clotting process after the extraction.

Thoughts ?

INR this AM was 2.3. I held my dose last night. Extraction is at 2pm, going to pop my dose from last night at lunch which is at the boundary of the 12 hrs the clinic says I can go. Probably hasn't made much of a difference but if it lowers my INR by even a tenth or two it will help with the clotting when they do the extraction.

You don't need to worry about it. It's not going to bleed any more then someone that's not anticoagulated. ;) Don't let people spook you.

Back