Sixteen years since MVR St Judes and still going strong !

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Haven't been on this site for some time, but just thought for those who have recently had heart valve replacement, it might be comforting to know there are lots of people who have had a valve replaced without any major complications post surgery. I had a St Judes MVR fitted 16yrs ago and have been able to lead a normal life ( whatever that is) I am now 65yrs old and work in my own business 8hrs a day. I just had a routine Echo and the valve is still operating as it should. I regularly ride a bicycle for fun and ride a touring motorcycle.
Really the only issue is the need to take rat poison (warfarin) that restricts my alcohol intake, otherwise my INR is normally stable.
Thank god for the very talented surgeons and the manufacturers of those little valves, without them I would never have enjoyed my grand children.
Cheers
Dave

Hi Davey,

Congrats!!!! I had the same post-op experience and this time next week will be celebrating my 17th valversary. : ) As you said, it may be comforting to some who are understandably scared of OHS to hear about us "long-termers" who live a normal, active, healthy life. Again, congrats and many, many more.

Congrats!

I joke at the anticoagulation clinic that i'm a saint. Can't drink heavy anymore and i've given up tobacco to stabilize my inr numbers. It does work, but it's just not fun anymore. :)

Latest posts

Back